The Leadership Development and Design Program Manager manages leadership programs and products for the AAN members. This role is to provide education, tools, and resources to help members develop and hone leadership skills to meet their desired leadership potential. In addition, the role has a focus on content design, with an emphasis on curriculum development.
Requisition ID: 1253
Manage AAN Leadership Programs and Products
• Manage the development and implementation of longitudinal AAN Leadership Programs.
o Oversee the application process, including coordination of the application submissions and applicant selection, communication and coordination with participants
o Work with facilitators and trainers on logistics and scheduling, and follow-through on overall program administration
• Management and implementation of Leadership University including working with the subcommittee and workgroups to develop curriculum, researching and securing subject matter experts to develop content, management of faculty and subject matter experts, production and delivery of final course materials.
• Manage the design, development and application of adult learning materials working with staff, subject matter experts, and consultants on educational programs and resource development.
• Partners with presenters and subject matter experts to develop handouts and supplemental materials around defined learning outcomes.
• Manage the implementation of educational activity evaluations and other outcomes measurement requirements and assist in the collection and reporting of educational outcomes data to applicable teams.
• Manage the implementation of necessary and applicable technologies associated with project.
• Partner with instructional design consultant and business leaders to develop performed-based learning that furthers individual development.
• Track and report budget activities to Associate Director for the various programs
• Staff liaison for a subcommittee of the Leadership Development Committee that will collaborate with Chair on agenda development, project oversight, conference calls, meeting logistics, budget, and communications.
• Support leadership alumni activities which includes but is not limited to newsletter, data collection, oversight of alumni success story process, and alumni interactions, leadership database.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Development, Instructional Design, or similar area of study is required
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in educational curriculum is required
• Prior experience in program management or leadership development preferred
Equivalent combination of education and experience beyond the minimum requirement may be substituted for qualification requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong logistics, project management, and technical and organizational skills are required.
• Instructional design and/or program management skills are preferred.
• Demonstrates ability to create a comprehensive vision and identify the necessary steps to achieve the vision is preferred
• Demonstrates ability to delegate and manage multiple projects on time and on budget is preferred
• Ability to exercise significant independent judgement and discretion on important matters, and deal effectively with ambiguity is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders from diverse backgrounds at all levels of the organization is preferred
• Demonstrated advanced oral and written communication skills are preferred
• Exhibits independent problem solving and proven project management skills is preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency with working with physicians in a committee environment, and translating committee outcomes into actionable frameworks is preferred
• Demonstrates proficiency for supporting software programs including, Microsoft SharePoint, Budget Catalyst, WorkPlace, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft PowerPoint is preferred
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION:
The American Academy of Neurology is an equal opportunity employer.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Travel Requirements: Some travel required – approximately 10%. Ability to legally travel outside of the United States, particularly but not limited to Canada.
Location: Minneapolis, MN, and is identified as hybrid (required to work in the office with the ability to work remotely part of the week)
Schedule: Some evenings and weekends required
Physical Requirements: Standard office setting, with ability to sit for long periods of time, occasional use of stairs; regular use of computer and office equipment, lifting up to 10 lbs. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vaccination Requirements: COVID vaccine is required due to essential functions of this role. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disability related or religious reasons can be discussed post offer of employment.
If our great people, great mission, and great location weren’t enough, we offer great benefits that work as hard for you as you do for us.
• Twenty-two days of paid personal time off (PTO) in the first year
• Thirteen paid holidays per year in addition to PTO
• $250 one-time telework allowance
• Company contribution equal to 10.5 percent of salary to AAN employee 401K retirement savings account
• Medical insurance (Both Traditional PPO and HDHP with HSA contribution)
• Dental insurance (free employee coverage)
• Vision insurance
• Life and AD&D insurance—premiums covered 100 percent by the AAN
• Long-term disability insurance fully funded—covered 100 percent by the AAN
• Short-term disability insurance fully funded—covered 100 percent by the AAN
• ID theft protection
• Travel insurance
• Flexible spending plan
• Computer loan purchase plan
• Parking subsidy
• Wellness offerings (mindfulness courses, yoga classes, walking/running club)
• On-site workout facility
For more information: Please visit American Academy of Neurology (AAN) | LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT AND DESIGN PROGRAM MANAGER
American Academy of Neurology
201 Chicago Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55415