The Young Farmers’ Federation of Uganda (UNYFA) in partnership with Schorlemer Foundation of the German Farmers’ Association (DBV) invites interested practicing young farmers to apply for the International Young Farmers Exchange Program-IYFEP 6th (Cohort for April -July 2023).
The program presents an opportunity to Ugandan and German young farmers of crossing borders to have hands-on practical experience, exposure, and understanding of Global Farms and Food Systems.
The qualifying Ugandan participants receive an all-expenses paid 3 months stay in German by Schorlemer Foundation with special support from the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
This exchange program is for practical Ugandan young farmers who are willing to stay on a German farm and return to Uganda after the 3 months to reciprocate the knowledge & experiences to his or her farm and community.
- A Ugandan Citizen
- Aged 20-35 years
- Must be a practicing farmer or a scholar of agriculture or running an agribusiness venture
- Must possess a valid New Ugandan passport (East African Passport)
- Pay an application fee of 250,000/- payable to the Organization bank account show below: –
- Young Farmers’ Federation of Uganda Multipurpose Account- 07187690015, Bank of Africa, Kampala Road Branch. Please note that the application fee is part of the application process and is non-refundable.
- You must have been fully vaccinated at least with 2 doses and possess a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
International Young Farmers Exchange Program-IYFEP 2023 Application: Selection Criteria
Individuals will be selected based on:
- Independently filled out the form.
- Use personal details (e-mail address, phone number because these will be used in notifying you).
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- To complete the application; all 9 attachments should be submitted in PDF.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Young Farmers’ Federation of Uganda Multipurpose Account- 07187690015, Bank of Africa, Kampala Road Branch. Please note that the application fee is part of the application process and is non-refundable.
Apprenticeship period: April – October 2023
Applications open: 1st December 2022
Applications close: 16th December 2022