Avis Budget Group Careers: Master Craftsman – FT
career! Whether you have worked in an auto garage or car dealership, become a member of our family-friendly Avis Budget Group enterprise!
A vehicle rental provider of choice for travelers around the world, Avis Budget Group is powered by our people, our partners, and technology. We operate some of the most recognized brands in the industry through Avis, Budget, and Zipcar, along with local brands such as Payless, France Cars, Apex, and Maggiore.
Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities within our growing enterprise.
Job Description | What You’ll Do:
You’ll perform standard and complex repairs, including warranty, on a wide variety of auto makes and models with no technical supervision, including the diagnosis and repair of engines, transmissions, exhaust, brakes, electrical, air conditioning and computer systems. You may also act as a technical expert to other lower level technicians in the shop.
Perks You’ll Get:
- Bi-weekly Pay
- On the job training in our vehicle makes and models
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Other Insurance
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- Retirement benefits (401k)
- Employee discounts, including discounted car rental and discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
What We’re Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
- Minimum 3 year auto repair experience, 3 ASE (ability to obtain 2 more ASE in first year)
- Willingness to work in a mechanical shop with moderate or loud noise level
- Must possess all tools required for auto repair and maintenance
- Basic computer skills (typing, data entry)
- Flexibility to work all shifts
Previous OEM experience a bonus!
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, continuously stand, walk, sit and kneel frequently, and enter and exit vehicles. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.
Job title: Master Craftsman – FT
Location: Salt Lake City International Airport
Up to $1,000 Retention Bonus
Job type: Full time
Job Reference ID: R0149232