- This role is part of BBC Studios, our global content company that supports the BBC Public Service mission of maximising the greatest commercial returns to the licence payer by building BBC brands, audiences and reputation across the world.
- The BBC Studios Product and Technology group is responsible for the design, development and delivery of the Studios portfolio of products.
- Our portfolio is diverse but is fully focused on supporting our functions and businesses around the globe whether that be back-office functions, content production or direct to consumer offerings. We are a growing function and will provide an important contribution to the business growth targets over the coming years.
- Core to that growth will be the launching of new or enhanced digital products into the market in order to monetize our content offering. You will be joining the team as a key member for shaping and delivering a commercial news subscription offering which is at the mobilisation phase.
- Commercial Digital are a multi-function delivery team focused on delivery of world class direct-to-consumer and business-to-business solutions within BBC Studios. We are a small agile team delivering big change. We work in a fast-paced environment more akin to a start-up.
- Our products include a number of marquee brands including BritBox, BBC.com and Top Gear.
- You will join a team where everyone – including you – strives to better understand our customers and improve our products on a daily basis.
- As a team we are adaptable, supportive, highly business focused and continually looking to improve.
- This role provides the opportunity to be part of an exciting and entrepreneurial internationally focused team that values creativity and proactive problem-solving.
- We are looking for an experienced Project Coordinator with a background in Technology who will support the Programme Manager and other Project and Delivery Managers, to support deliver a major, enhanced News based Direct-to-Consumer service.
- The proposition is at an early stage and we are looking for someone who can join the team to help setup processes, organise ways of working and promote a structure for all delivery partners/suppliers – both internal and external to align.
Administration and organisation
- Provide a user-friendly knowledge management system and ensure adherence to it.
- Sourcing, consolidating and summarising aggregated RAID logs.
- Maintaining an audit-ready RAID, decisions, deliverables and milestones register .
- Manage purchase orders, invoices and assist with procurement activities.
- Undertake setting up of meetings, negotiating availabilities with individuals.
- Develop and maintain a governance/leave calendar that influences project activities.
- Support the on-boarding of new project team members.
Communications and stakeholder engagement
- Maintain a communications plan, organise communications activities and assist the team in delivering communications, including assessing impact and value to ensure continuous improvement.
- Assist the team to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and arrange stakeholder/user engagement events.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience in controlling and aggregating RAID logs across multiple teams
- Experience in core project management concepts and processes in Software Delivery
- Experience in effective corporate reporting and management information.
- Experience in using Confluence, Dropbox or OneDrive for knowledge management.
- Approachable manner with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and manage a range of relationships in a complex environment.
- Strong communication skills (spoken, written and listening) with the ability to present information accurately and concisely.
- Attention to detail and able to ensure documents are consistent in language, terminology and style.
- Strong Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) skills.
- Time management and organisational skills with experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines and managing a high workload with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to produce professional presentations.
- Experience of participating in audits and maintaining project health dashboards.
- A recognised project management qualification or working towards it.
- Experience of working in the media sector.
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: Hybrid Working (Home-based plus two/three days a week in the office)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us at [email protected] with the job reference in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible/agile working – opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at the offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications.
- Benefits – We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
BBC – Project Coordinator – Software Delivery
Project Coordinator – Software Delivery
- Job Reference: BBC/TP/2376696/63082
- Contract Type: Permanent – Full Time
- Closing Date: 07 September, 2022
- Job Category: Technology, Systems & Delivery
- Business Unit: Studios Distribution – UK
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Job Title: Project Coordinator