The Bosch Automotive Apprenticeship Programme provides the knowledge, skills and qualifications required to set the candidates on the path to a rewarding career as an automotive technician.
The Bosch Automotive Apprenticeship Programme
What is involved in our industry-leading programme?
- 17 weeks of top quality training over 3 years at one of our Bosch Service Training facilities.
- High quality technical training programme which enables candidates to achieve a level 3 apprenticeship
- Paid employment at a local independent workshop, carefully selected by Bosch
- Development of knowledge and skills across a wide range of brands and vehicle systems
Suitable Candidates will be:
- Passionate about a starting a career in the motor industry
- Posessing a desire to work on a range of vehicles
- Willing to demonstrate high levels of commitment
- Capable of working well as part of a team and under their own initiative
- Able to follow written and verbal instruction
- Interested in computers and modern vehicle technology
- Willing to undertake self-study and self-improvement
- Determined to succeed in their apprenticeship and future within the automotive industry
Advantages at a glance
With support from Bosch, apprentices with a passion for motor vehicles can earn as they learn and kick start a successful career as an automotive technician.
- Receive training from Bosch, a world automotive leader
- Learn about automotive systems, diagnosis and repair
- Gain knowledge and practical experience in the workplace
- Achieve an industry recognised level 3 apprenticeship
- Become a fully qualified automotive technician and enjoy a rewarding caree
Certifications and Qualifications
The Apprenticeship Qualification
An apprenticeship is a work-based training programme whereby participants earn a wage, whilst gaining essential skills and industry-recognised qualifications.
Qualifications and achievements:
Successful apprentices will achieve:
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard – Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle)
- Functional Skills to Level 2 in English and Maths*
- F Gas Refrigerant Handling Certification
Added benefits: (these are additional to the Apprenticeship Standard)
- Automotive Technician Accreditation awarded by IMI
- 4 courses from the Bosch Diagnostic Technician Programme:
- VSE1 – Essential Test Procedures
- VSTD9 – Oscilloscope Operation and Signal Test Methods
- VSG2 – Engine Management: Spark Ignition and Diagnosis
- VSG5 – Engine Management Diagnosis of Universal Components
* Candidates will not be required to complete Level 2 English and Maths if they have prior qualifications (GCSE Grades A-C or Grade 4 and above, or equivalent).
Programme Delivery Model
During the 3 year apprenticeship, training is delivered through a series of 1 week training blocks, using one of Bosch’s own training facility.
Whilst attending training at the Bosch training centre, all travel and accommodation fees are paid for by the employer, allowing participants to concentrate on learning the skills required to become a fully qualified automotive technician.
Bosch has a high focus not only on the quality of the training programme, but also for its participants’ welfare whilst completing the training and staying at allocated accommodation.
Progress reviews will be regularly organised in the workplace. This is an opportunity for the trainer to engage with both the employer and the apprentice to ensure both parties are happy with the progression being made, and allows targets to be agreed for the following months.
How to apply
Ready to apply?
- Before applying you must have read and understood our Privacy Statement which you can find by following the below link: Apprenticeship Programme Privacy Notice
- The application process will take between 30 minutes and an hour. You will be required to complete an online assessment as part of the application.
- Please ensure you have enough time to complete this before you click on the link below.
- Bosch is continually striving to improve equality and diversity across the motor industry. We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community. We are an equal opportunities training provider and our programmes are available to candidates irrespective of their background or social identity.
- Applications will only be accepted through the online application process, not via email. If your application is successfully matched with any vacancies in your area, a member of our recruitment team will be in contact with you.
Simply click the ‘Apply Now’ link below and complete / submit your online application.
For More details visit BOSCH