Brief description of Us:
USADF is an independent U.S. Government agency established by the U.S. Congress to support and invest in African-owned and African-led enterprises that improve the lives and livelihoods of people in underserved communities in Africa.
Brief About the Proposals:
The U.S. African Development Foundation (USADF) invites proposals from African cooperatives, producer groups, and enterprises for grant financing and local support for innovative solutions that extend their own capabilities to increase revenues, create jobs, improve farmer incomes, and achieve sustainable market-based growth.
Proposals will only be accepted from registered agricultural cooperatives, producer associations, agricultural processors, youth-led enterprises, and small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Uganda working directly in the coffee, maize, rice, cassava, vegetable oil (including palm oil), and dairy sectors. Innovative approaches to agricultural and economic development will also be considered. This includes, but is not limited to, digitization, information technology, and agricultural solutions using renewable energy.
The maximum award amount US$250,000.
• The organization must demonstrate that it has successfully worked together for a
minimum of 2 years, have a minimum of 200 active members or suppliers, and have
the capability to effectively use grants funds.
• The ownership and management must agree on the problem to be addressed and have a commitment to benefit their community.
• The organization must have basic functional management and financial controls for a
minimum of 2 years to demonstrate capability to account for USADF funds.
• Organizations must be 100% Africa-owned and African-led.
Successful Proposals Must:
• Have a clearly defined market opportunity to grow revenues that can increase incomes.
• Have a clearly defined plan of how they can increase revenues and incomes in 2-4 years.
• Be able to make significant cash or in-kind contributions to the project.
• Be able to directly impact hundreds of people and community members.
• Be able to identify a path for growth after the USADF grant ends.
• Special consideration will be given to applications that incorporate innovative strategies to make use of new approaches and technologies, including complementary finance and information technology.
• Special consideration will also be given to women-owned organizations and applications that promote youth.
Women- and youth-led cooperatives and SMEs based in the regions of Acholi, Bukedi,
Busoga, Kigezi, Lango, Teso, and West Nile are highly encouraged to apply.
For details go to: www.usadf.gov/apply/
The deadline for applications is September 30, 2022.
Download the Grant Application here.
Get in touch with us:
Contact us: USADF, 1400 I Street Northwest, Washington, DC, 20005, United States
Call us: 202-233-8800
Email us: [email protected]