If you are passionate about football then this is the position for you. Working within the Football in the Community Team at Cambridge Utd. This offers a varied position that gives the valuable opportunities of gaining experience through working with young people, colleagues, and key community partners in sport.
About the employer
Cambridge United Community Trust is the charitable arm of Cambridge United Football Club. We use the power of sport and the brand of Cambridge United FC to empower our community and change lives.
Cambridge United Community Trust LTD
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role involves:
- Working within a football community setting and supporting the delivery of community sport with two particular focuses
- School Sport. Delivering a wide range of Sports lessons and extra-curricular sport sessions in local primary schools
- Community Youth Engagement. Engaging with hundreds of 8-18 year old’s through, turn up & play football sessions as well as a wide range of other constructive activities
- The sessions, within areas of deprivation in Cambridge, are aimed at creating welcoming environments for young people to aspire to fulfil their potential
- The wider community role involves working within the local networks to deliver and support coaching within and across partner community settings and schools
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Community Activator Coach Apprenticeship Standard or Level 4 Sports Coach in a Community (dependent on experience) , which includes:
- Safeguarding Level 1
- Prevent Duty
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 3 Community Sport and Health Officer Apprenticeship
- Level 4 Community Sports Coach
- Teaching Assistant with PE Focus in school setting
- PE Teacher – following higher education routes
This apprenticeship requires you to apply through the employer’s website.
Closing date: 15 Aug 2023
- Annual wage: £8,236.80 – Discussed at Interview
- Working week: Monday – Friday, shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 30.0
- Expected duration: 14 Months
- Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
- Reference number: VAC1000129072
- Positions: 2 available
For more Information: Please visit Apprenticeship