Career Opportunities: Engineering & Reliability Internships Summer 2023
The Technical Services Department is pleased to announce that we are offering Summer 2023 Engineering & Reliability Internships onsite at our Lake Charles Chemical Complex, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana. We invite eager, energetic, and knowledgeable candidates to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Sasol is a global integrated chemicals and energy company with a 70-year heritage. Through our talented people, we use our expertise and selected technologies to safely and sustainably source, manufacture, and market chemical and energy products globally.
When you join Team Sasol, you are joining a company that puts people at the center of everything we do. Sasol invests in its employees along every stage of the career path and offers development opportunities to help you cultivate your career in a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion.
- Assist in the design and development of capital projects
- Assist in the support of operating plants through cost optimization and troubleshooting
- Perform economic analyses to support project justification
- Interact with other department personnel (Maintenance / SHE / Operations)
- Candidates must have completed at least their Sophomore year of college and are majoring in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical preferred)
- Candidates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Competence with use of MS Office Tools products is preferred
- Housing will be considered for eligible students living 50 miles or further from Lake Charles
- Interns will be required to make a detailed presentation of their work to their department at the end of the summer
Internships include safety orientation and training, hands-on engineering projects, and guidance from an Engineer on an actual project related to Sasol’s Operations.
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
Requisition ID 112143
Position Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana USA