Acer is looking to hire an experienced senior network engineer to manage and maintain our company’s enterprise network. As a senior network engineer, you will be responsible for the functional management of our network, the delegation of tasks, and the resolution of network issues.
To ensure success as a senior network engineer, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise networks, and advanced project management skills. A Top-class Senior Network Engineer ensures the networking team performs as a cohesive unit, maintaining the stability and performance of the network.
Senior Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Ability to design, writing and updating both system documentation and network diagrams.
- Implement functional company networks and troubleshoot security infrastructure.
- Installing and configuring networking hardware.
- Creating and implementing network security measures.
- Conducting regular network performance tests.
- Dealing with escalated network support issues.
- Drawing up network status reports.
- Comprehensive understanding of network services and networks such as TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, GRE, EIGRP, HSRP, ACL, QoS, VLAN, MPLS, NAT, PAT, IPSec, spanning-tree, VTP, trunking, SPAN, TAP, Static Routes, SDWAN, AWS Networking, Micro segmentation
- Familiarity with network analysis tools
- Advance knowledge of network operating systems you’re going to be using on a daily basis (including Cisco, Palo Alto, Big IP F5 LB, and Meraki)
- In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of networking systems such as LAN/WAN, firewalls, routers, SDWAN and wireless
- Ability to analyze and evaluate networks, identify issues and provide solutions to ensure networks are operating efficiently
- Time management
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously from design to implementation
- Ability to communicate technical information to other technical team members but also to coworkers in other departments who may not have knowledge of networking technical terminology
Careers at Acer: Senior Network Engineer – Requirements:
- Professional Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, PCNSE: Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer, AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty
- Knowledge of networking hardware including CPUs, wiring, and routers.
- Familiarity with communication and routing protocols.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- High level problem-solving and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- 5-10 years of related enterprise data network experience.
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Job Location: Allen, TX