Brief About Us
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new insights have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the iPhone brand at Apple.
The Product Operations team is looking for an extraordinary engineer to join our team.
You will help design and implement our machine learning strategy to the substantial iPhone supply chain and help build the future of our manufacturing systems and smarter factories.
We will be collaborating and working with multi-functional teams and applying algorithms to large-scale data.
Job Position Description
Operations Advanced Analytics team is looking for creative and motivated hands-on individual contributors who thrive in a dynamic environment and enjoy working with multi-functional teams.
You will work with a very talented team on applying AI and machine-learning algorithms to a wide range of problems; you would be working on large data sets of different modalities, collected by various sources – transactional, acoustic, image, video and sensor data streaming.
You would work with the team to build end to end machine learning systems and modules, and deploy the models to our factories. You’ll be collaborating with Software Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, Operations, and Hardware Engineering teams across the company.
Educational & Experience Qualifications
PhD or Master of Science degree in Computer Science or similar, alternatively a comparable industry career with a consistent track record of successful projects
- Experience and interest of solving a real-world complex problem
- You collaborate effectively with other teams and communicate clearly about your work
- Experience of implementing custom deep learning models in PyTorch or Tensorflow; define careful metrics; perform error analysis and data deep dives
- Familiar with network architectures such as convolutional networks, recurrent architectures, Transformers, etc
- The ideal candidate should be an excellent programmer (python, C/C++) and also excel in one or more of the following areas: image processing/modeling or implementation transformer models for sequential data
- Experience with large language model
- Experience with manufacturing
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant(Opens in a new window).
Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor.Learn more(Opens in a new window).
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $115,000 and $177,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.