Job Title: TDG System EE Intern
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Just be ready to dream big. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here.
At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly.
Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
We are searching for self driven, passionate electrical engineers to provide design, validation, and manufacturing support. Our products are on the groundbreaking in every way:
integration, connectivity, power consumption, fabrication, reliability, manufacturing scale, and design. Play a meaningful role in the development of Apple products, collaborating with the Cupertino-based design team in the process, including:
– Product Design / Mechanical Engineering
– HW design, testing, prototype bring-up and electrical validation
– Firmware, iOS – Acoustics, EMC, Reliability, Operations, etc.
Additionally, craft positive relationships with the Contract Manufacturer’s EE team, and take a lead role in driving those teams to achieve our validation and manufacturing goals with a very high bar of quality.
The position is based in the Shanghai/Kunshan/Suzhou/Shenzhen area. Some international travel is required, to work side by side with engineers in Cupertino.
- You should have great EE fundamentals. This means you have a deep understanding of why our discipline works the way it does; you’ve developed an intuition and can apply it to new topics because you understand the basics. (Analog/digital/interface design, signal/power integrity, testing etc.)
- You should have much more practice/hands-on experience than your same grade schoolmates. Good at issue debug.
- Have good communication skill to express your idea clearly.
- Schematic and Layout CAD experience.
- Firmware and programming / scripting skills.
- Enthusiastic on EE work.
Leading and interacting with our contract manufacturers’ EE teams, driving them to delivery high quality work during NPI stage, including validation, failure analysis and design review. (Mainly focus on failure analysis for this position.) Work with cross-function team to improve test plan/coverage if necessary.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.