Chinese Government Scholarship Program sponsor international students, teachers, and scholars to undertake degree studies (Undergraduate, Masters & PhD) including preparatory Chinese language studies for one year in some degree programs.
|Supporting Categories||Major Study (including preparatory years)||Chinese Language (Preparatory study year*)|
* Preparatory Chinese language study year is mandatory for Undergraduate programs however can be exempted for the candidate with already having Chinese Proficiency of HSK level 3 (validity period: 2 years).
- Applicants must be Pakistani/AJ&K national. Dual nationality holders are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants with incomplete degrees on closing date of application are not allowed to apply.
- Applicants for Undergraduate/Bachelors program must have intermediate/A-level/FA-FSC (12 years) of education and be under the age of 25 at the time of application.
- Applicants for Masters program must have a Bachelors degree (16 years) and be under the age of 35 at the time of application.
- Applicants for PhD/Doctoral program must have a Masters degree MS/MPhil (17/18 years) and be under the age of 40 years at the time of application.
- Meet the application requirement as prescribed on China Scholarship Council website & portal.
- Meet the admission requirements of the applied universities in terms of academic eligibility, language proficiency and other relevant criteria.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any other types of scholarship currently.
- All applicants are required to provide HAT or USAT test score. Applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 50 out of 100 in HAT or USAT test. Those applicants who have taken HAT or USAT test on or after January 01, 2022 may upload the test result on HEC portal for consideration. Without providing minimum HAT or USAT test score (50 out of 100), applications will not be considered for further process. Those interested applicants who are yet to take HAT or USAT test, may register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/
Perspective applicants are not required to submit any document (hard copies) to HEC at this stage of application process. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit following documents in English or Chinese. In case of any other language, document must be attached with notarized translation in English or Chinese. To avoid any inconvenience later on, perspective applicants are directed to prepare application dossier as per following detail;
- Copy of signed application form of HEC in separate spiral binding. No other document to be attached with HEC application form.
- Copy of signed application form of CSC application portal along with following document;
- Attested copies of all educational documents, one photo copy of CNIC/B-form, Domicile, IBCC equivalency certificate (if applicable) and HEC equivalency if applicable.
- A study plan or research proposal (200 words for Bachelors, 800 words for Masters & PhD), copies of any research publication & achievements (PhD only), language proficiency certificate or IELTS/TOEFL/HSK score (where applicable), copy of valid ordinary passport till March 01, 2024 (first two pages).
- Photocopy of the Physical Examination Record (attached) for foreigners should be completed in English. (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Physical Examination Record including basic blood test reports for foreigners as per China’ Govt. policy.
- Non-criminal Record (Police Clearance Certificate) not older than six months before the application deadline.
- The forms with incomplete records or without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- Apply to the target universities for pre-admission letter (optional) for Masters & PhD before submitting on-line application if available. HEC/CSC cannot guarantee the enrollment of your target university if no pre-admission notice is acquired from the applicant. Applicants for Masters & PhD with admission documents will obtain priority in winning the Chinese Govt. Scholarships.
- In case of employment, No Objection Certificate (NOC) from applicant’s employer will be required.
- Make sure your email, telephone number, postal address are correctly filled in the application system as they are key to get you through during application process. Failure to respond to HEC or CSC in time may lead to automatic rejection.
- Submit clear, authentic and valid scan copy of each document required on both portals. Applicants shall bear the consequences caused by the unclear or unidentified uploaded materials.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the right to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose penalty, as decided by HEC.
- Saved, incomplete applications on portal of HEC and CSC and by hand applications will not be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
All the information provided in online application and attached documents must be complete, true, and correct.
- Apply online at: http://scholarship.hec.gov.pk/ after registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad”. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed by applicant. HEC online application portal shall close on December 15, 2022 (23:59 PM Pakistan Time).
- Before applying, kindly update your HEC profile with latest email/cell number & updated information. You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline. After successful submission of the application at HEC portal, retain printed copy application form signed by yourself.
- Submit online application at CSC web portal at http://www.campuschina.org/ or http://www.csc.edu.cn through program Type: A and Agency No.5861. Download submitted copy of complete application form from Chinese Scholarship Council portal, print & retain a signed copy with yourself.
- For additional instruction about Chinese Govt. scholarship program, visit website of Chinese Embassy, Islamabad http://pk.chineseembassy.org/eng/zbgx/cultureservice/202111/t20211112_10447623.htm or download Instructions for Chinese Government Scholarship and fill the Chinese Govt. Scholarship online application form on CSC portal.
- Submission of online applications at CSC & HEC portal are mandatory. In case of non-submission of form on any of the above two portals, candidature will not be considered.
- All applicants are required to provide HAT or USAT test score. Test categories attached. Applicant must have obtained a minimum score of 50 out of 100 in HAT or USAT test. Those applicants who have taken HAT or USAT test on or after January 01, 2022 may upload the test result on HEC portal for consideration. Without providing minimum HAT or USAT test score (50 out of 100), applications will not be considered for further process. Those interested applicants who are yet to take HAT or USAT test, may register for the same by visiting https://etc.hec.gov.pk/
Note: Hard Copies of the applications are not required at this stage. By-hand or incomplete/saved applications on portal will NOT be entertained in any case.
The deadline to submit online application on HEC portal www.scholarship.hec.gov.pk under learning opportunities abroad is Thursday, 15th December 2022.
To check deadline and submit online application for HAT test (Masters &PhD) and USAT test (Undergraduate), please visit https://etc.hec.gov.pk/#/login if you have already a valid HAT or USAT score after January 01, 2022, you may submit the score on HEC portal during application submission.
To submit online application on China Scholarship Council’s portal under category A (agency No. 5861), please visit Campuschina.org or https://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua
With a view to enhance educational cooperation between China and Pakistan, the Chinese Scholarship Council, Govt. of China is offering Pakistani students/scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese Universities. On behalf of Govt. of Pakistan, HEC is nominating agency for these scholarships in the academic year 2023-24.
China Scholarship Council (CSC), entrusted by the Ministry of Education, People’s Republic of China, is responsible for the enrollment and the administration of Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Qualified applicants can apply for scholarship for Undergraduate/Bachelors, Masters & Doctoral/PhD programs in respective field of studies.
Designated Chinese Universities offer a wide variety of academic programs in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal Studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy and Fine Arts etc. for scholarship recipients at all levels.