At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you’ll do
The Cash Manager will oversee Cash Application functions and team. This role helps to manage and facilitate prompt, correct, and complete bank reconciliations, payment
applications, billing and collection of Cloudflare receivables to support preparation of accurate financial statements, compliance with customer contracts, and optimization of
cash flow. Additionally, this position participates in certain regulatory compliance activities including sales tax assessment and reporting, and unclaimed property remittance.
- Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Bank Reconciliations
- Payment processing
- Monthly Reporting
- Oversee responses to billing and A/R inquiries in a manner that cultivates a culture of exemplary customer service both internal and external
- Participate in month-end close processes associated with Accounts Receivable to support timely and accurate preparation and delivery of financial statements
- Execute processes for managing and refunding customer credit balances in a timely manner, partnering with Accounts Payable to escalate or resolve any A/R related unclaimed property issues.
- Establish and maintain Cloudflare credit policies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams ; Contracts,RevOps, SalesOps,
- Customer Success, Tax, Legal, etc.
- Oversee maintenance of customer account information within Billing System(s) to ensure up-to-date address, terms, tax, and contact information
- High Radius
- Sales Force
Policies, Procedures, and Internal Controls
- Uphold the current policies and procedures for Billing and A/R
- Support overall organization’s SOX compliance requirements through adherence to key controls and timely completion of reporting.
- Create and maintain a credit policy for Cloudflare
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in A/R functions in a high volume environment, with an emphasis on collections.
- Exposure to international operations preferred.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Creative problem-solving skills coupled with good judgment
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written, in order to research, prepare and present information
- Effective communication skills with coworkers and customers. Ability to tactfully discuss payment issues.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, provide leadership, and take initiative under minimal supervision
- Advanced Microsoft Office and G-Suite skills.
- NetSuite, Salesforce, High Radius, Stripe experience preferred
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced work environment, with multiple concurrent projects, priorities and high volume of incoming email.
- Ability to plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner; plus the ability to multitask on varying projects and initiatives.
- Very high attention to detail; organized and thorough, with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Stellar work ethic.
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $103,000 – $125,000.
- For New York City-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $119,000- $145,000.
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person’s, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.
Job Location: Remote US