Performs activities related to his/her field of study while obtaining experience working in a corporate environment. Participates in various networking and/or community service events.
• Supports and plans work on small projects with direction from management.
• Assists management and other department personnel to support larger projects (e.g., managing project schedule and status reporting).
• May assume the duties normally performed in the department, alongside professionals who perform these roles.
• Works with various departments and/or vendors to gather information needed for various projects.
• Presents project results to management and/or department personnel.
• Performs analytical work within the assigned functional area.
• Conducts research using the internet and other sources of information.
• Creates or updates systems or databases for specific department needs.
• One (1) year of education at an accredited college, university or technical school (must be currently enrolled).
• None required.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD software may be required for some positions.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
Other Job Description Information
This is a Summer 2023 internship position with FedEx Ground. The proposed start date is late May/early June 2023.
The ideal candidate would be an undergraduate student majoring in criminal justice, homeland security or engineering.
The intern will help coordinate the implementation and project management of physical security related projects.
This position is preferred to be domiciled in Pittsburgh, PA. Remote work will also be considered.
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Search Engine Description: Intern
- FedEx Ground
- Intern, Security
- Full Time
- Moon Township, Pennsylvania
- Address: 1000 FedEx Drive
- City: Moon Township
- State: Pennsylvania
- Zip Code: 15108
- Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P090/PGH – FedEx Ground
- Auto req ID: 358172BR
- Position Type: Full time
- Employee Type: Non-Exempt