2023 Engineering Internship Program with ExxonMobil Australia
Are you looking to kick-start your career in the energy and resources sector?
About the Internship
Our internship program is designed to give exceptional engineers, data scientists and programmers like you an opportunity to explore your interests, grow your personal and professional network and gain career-building skills.
Working at ExxonMobil Australia, you will have a real role in our business working an array of interesting and technically challenging projects. You will have access to world-class training, leading-edge technology, a global network of highly talented colleagues and the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills and expertise throughout your internship. Your work will include site visits and mentoring by experienced engineers to help develop your skills.
Our program runs full-time for nine months between February and November, where you may be based at our head office in Melbourne or at one of our processing facilities; Long Island Point near Hastings or Longford Gas Plant near Sale. The intern program has flexibility in its range of projects to accommodate different work arrangements, with both full time (preferred) and part-time applicants encouraged to apply. Students may be offered employment positions at the end of their internship upon successful completion of their studies, depending on available opportunities.
What You Will Get
- Work on an important engineering project that will have impactful outcomes in supporting our business
- Provide a foundational on-the-job experience where you can expand your knowledge and solve interesting real-life engineering problems
- First-hand experience of an engineering work environment, including site visits and induction training
- Gain professional insights of a world-leading global organisation via interactions with senior management, industry experts and other internship members and alumni
- Drive your technical and personal development via access to our world-class suite of training courses
- A dedicated support system of buddies and mentors to assist with your project, providing you with regular and structured feedback. Our on-boarding process will help you familiarise and integrate into our team.
- Continuous development of your behavioural skills and key competencies such as communication, initiative, leadership and adaptability
- A competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity to join our social networks and ERGs that celebrate diversity and inclusion
- Be involved in our business energy transition, decarbonising and sustainable decommissioning efforts
- Students actively pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree, in either antepenultimate or penultimate years across all engineering disciplines, as well as Data Science and Programming degrees. Graduates will be considered. A strong academic record will be highly regarded.
- Capable, highly innovative students who display initiative and drive
- Demonstrated maturity, sound judgement and interpersonal skills through prior leadership and team roles
- Ability to question and identify improvements with a collaborative attitude
- Willingness to take on challenging assignments and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- ExxonMobil, one of the largest publicly traded international energy and petrochemical companies, creates solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. The corporation’s primary businesses – Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions – provide products that enable modern life, including energy, chemicals, lubricants, and lower-emissions technologies. ExxonMobil holds an industry-leading portfolio of resources, and is one of the largest integrated fuels, lubricants and chemical companies in the world.
- ExxonMobil Australia’s reliable supply of natural gas and transportation fuels is powering Australian jobs, providing the energy used by local manufacturers, hospitality venues, medical facilities and construction, transport and logistics firms, and supporting the countless industries who rely on their products and services. Our business is broad, exciting and dynamic – from our essential role in supplying Gippsland gas to Australia to seeking industry-leading solutions for decommissioning our non-producing facilities and undertaking studies for carbon capture and storage potential in the Gippsland Basin.
Supporting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
ExxonMobil is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of background and thinking. We strive to create an inclusive work environment in which everyone’s thoughts, opinions and voice are treated fairly and with respect. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified people, and offer excellent benefits and conditions to enable a strong work life balance and support the needs of our employees throughout their career.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the lands where we work and live. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.
Applications: Open until Sunday 20th November 2022 at 11.59 PM
All Engineering disciplines to be considered, as well as Data Science and Programming. Interstate candidates are encouraged to apply as relocation support will be provided.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Job Segment: Entry Level Engineer, Sustainability, Construction, Engineer, Equity, Engineering, Energy, Finance