QUALIFIED GENERAL MECHANIC
The above position will possibly be available at the Rustenburg Branch, reporting to the Regional Fleet Manager. The purpose of the position is to repair the company vehicles when needed. Possible candidates should reside with the Witbank/Middelburg area. Salary will be negotiable.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Mechanical repairs to petrol and diesel vehicles.
- Attending to breakdowns at all hours.
- Must have own tools to work with.
- Must have own reliable transport.
- Must have good knowledge of fleet management.
- That all vehicles are inspected on a weekly basis and all supporting documents are filed accordingly.
- Be prepared to work long hours and attend to break downs after hours.
- Should reside in the Rustenburg area or willing to relocate on own cost.
Qualifications, experience and other competencies:
- Grade 12 qualified
- Qualified i.e. Trade test passed for petrol and diesel mechanics (Will be advantageous)
- Valid code 10 driver’s license
- Minimum 2 – 5 years’ experience
- Experience in mechanical repairs – for both Diesel and Petrol.
- Good communication skills
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team. Whilst black female candidates will be given priority as per our transformation policy subject to the above criteria.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Company: Fidelity Services Group
Job Location: Rustenburg, North West
Job Type: Permanent
Minimum experience: Mid-Senior
Company primary industry: Security and Investigations
Job functional area: Other
Closing Date: 18 November 2022