Job Description Summary
About us – GE Gas Power
GE Gas Power: Access to affordable, reliable, flexible, and sustainable power is fundamental to modern life. As the world is shifting towards a lower carbon future, GE Gas Power is ready to be your partner in leveraging the role of natural gas for powering the world today and tomorrow. A corporate culture dating back 130 years: GE’s foundations were laid by Thomas Edison nearly 130 years ago, and the company continues to provide innovative solutions for a wide range of critical problems around the world. GE’s deep-rooted culture serves as the backbone for every step taken at GE Gas Power. With more than 300,000 employees and operations in over 170 countries, GE employees reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. https://www.ge.com/gas-power
Diversity at GE: We believe diversity makes us more competitive and creates value for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We believe in the value of each person’s unique identity, background, and experiences and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong. By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to build a world that works.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will utilize engineering knowledge and experience to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others. You will have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Apply engineering principles to assigned services tasks/projects
- Drive defined technical projects supporting the region’s installed base
- Effectively interface with engineers, customers, and senior management
- Provide support to the engineering leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical or Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Fluent written and spoken skills in English
Our approach to diversity will be based on the following objectives:
• Our employees – to continue to strive to ensure that our workforce is as diverse as the communities in which we operate, while always upholding the importance of merit.
• Our workplace – to create an inclusive culture that recognizes employees’ unique needs, helps them reach their full potential, and nurtures their diverse talents.
• Our community – to strive for diversity in suppliers and partners and engage with the communities in which we operate to support diversity.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
You are applying for – Job Title: Customer support engineering intern NYSC
GE Gas Power Gas Power Engineering
Job ID: R3672289
Relocation Assistance: No
Location: Bishop Aboyade Cole Street No. 927/928, Mansard Place, PO Box 54255, Victoria Island, Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria