About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Team: The Geographic Data team is responsible for gathering location data of multiple assets across industries. The team works from across different global offices, including India, Philippines and US. The analyst will be joining a collegial and professional global team, where you will be able to collaborate and exchange domain knowledge and expertise on geography and mapping.
The Impact: Our department provides high quality and timely data, and our Data Researchers perform the key tasks in data collection, maintenance, and processing. We cater to the needs of both internal and external clients, who use our data in making sound and efficient business analysis and decisions. The analyst would be utilizing editing and analytical tools within the GIS software to create and to edit mapping layers. They would also be responsible in the daily maintenance of the data sets.
What’s in it for you: Job families in our domain covers dual-track career paths which means someone may aspire for a management/leadership role or a subject-matter expert/specialist role. We follow a Pay for Performance philosophy, along with a standard performance measurement with promotion and in-band progression criteria that are shared to team members for transparency and objective deliberation.
- Captures comprehensive information on the data tracked by the department.
- Keeps up to date in knowledge of content sets. Builds industry knowledge.
- Reviews feedback involving their content to help correct errors and establish or refine procedures and processes to improve accuracy.
- Keeps up to date on industry trends and reporting standards.
- Troubleshoots problems or issues and provides meaningful feedback to co-workers.
What We’re Looking For:
- Graduate/ Master in Geoinformatics or GIS
- Prior knowledge of GIS tools and systems (e.g. ArcGIS) is required
- Strong communication and comprehension skills.
- Able to collaborate across multiple cultures
- Shift: Rotational
- Strong focus on data quality, attention to details, process- and results-oriented
- Experience on research or data collection is a plus
- SQL and advanced Excel skills are an advantage
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: 279592
Categories: Data Management
The Role: GIS Intern, Geographic Data
Tenure: 11 Months
The Location: Ahmedabad, IN
Location: #Ahmedabad, #Gujarat, #India
How to Apply
Please click on the button below