Global Greengrants Fund (GGF) is a Colorado-based public charity that mobilizes resources to communities worldwide to protect our shared planet and work toward an equitable world. We power grassroots change by trusting local people to advance solutions and strategies that best fit their needs while providing them the resources to make their ideas a reality. Our vast global network reaches deep into communities to find innovative, effective, outside-the-box solutions that protect the planet and the rights of people. Together with our diverse community of people on the frontlines and our supporters, since 1993 we have made over 15,000 grants in 168 countries, mobilizing more than $100 million to support the work of local groups.
2022 is a year of exciting work-culture evolution and growth at GGF, as we open new staff roles and embark on a transformative strategic journey to re-imagine what working at our global organization looks and feels like. Our vision is moving us toward reduced hierarchy, decentralization, and more collaborative and self-organized ways of working.
Join us! We are seeking new team members to be a force for change as we collectively reinvent how we work while supporting our local partners as they face the world’s most pressing environmental and social justice challenges.
GGF is committed to being a diverse, inclusive organization and workforce that fully represents the world we want to see. People of color and others who identify as nonwhite, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and other members of historically oppressed communities are encouraged to apply for this role.
The Grant Writer collaborates with the Senior Grant Writer, the US-based, and the UK-based teams to create, customize, and edit written materials for individual, foundation, and corporate donors. The Grant Writer will create compelling communication about the uniqueness of Global Greengrants Fund’s collaboration with autonomous local people and will have a deep understanding of climate justice and human rights. They recognize the context of and issues specific to the Global South and connect how the Global North contributes to the most pressing global challenges.
As part of our organizational transformation processes, the Grant Writer will actively participate in regular meetings to help shape the strategy and ways of working in our organization.
The Grant Writer will work remotely, from anywhere in the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Development team to customize written deliverables, using established templates and other written materials, for current and prospective individual, foundation, and corporate donors, especially donations that are unrestricted or restricted to a common theme.
- Provide support to the Senior Grant Writer in the writing and creation of new content for donors and assist in keeping stewardship materials up-to-date.
- Copy-edit written materials for the Development, Fundraising, and Communications teams, including reports and proposals, blog posts, and grant project descriptions.
- Manage the systems for storing and accessing proposal and report materials by the US and UK Development teams.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR LIVED EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated success in a similar Grant Writer role for a philanthropic organization focused on global environmental, social, or climate justice
- BA/BS degree in any field relevant to GGF’s work, or comparable lived experience of environmental injustice and/or global human rights
- Exceptional writing skills, including demonstrated experience targeting different audiences and understanding of connecting the needs of frontline communities to the philanthropic sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of grant writing best practices
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, but also collaboratively as part of a team, and across teams
- Proficiency in AP and/or Chicago styles, Microsoft Office, and Raiser’s Edge or other customer management systems
- Excellent copy-editing skills
- Ability to embrace, support, and integrate GGF’s values and principles. Promote and demonstrate GGF’S commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Understanding of and interest in Global Greengrants Fund’s work and environmental and climate justice, human rights, and philanthropy is highly desired
- Knowledge and understanding of Global South grassroots movements
- Interest in growing personally and professionally with the organization and contributing to different parts of the organization
- The Grant Writer will work remotely, from any location in the world
- Must be available to work collaboratively with both the US Team (MST) and the UK Team (GMT).
- Health, dental, and vision insurance coverage for you and your family (if applicable)
- 403b retirement plan, life insurance, flexible spending plan
- 11 paid holidays, sick time, and vacation at an accrual rate of 10 days per year for the first year.
COMPENSATION – REMOTE WORKER
Salary range is $60,000 – $70,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience for employee based in the U.S., or regional-equivalent salary if outside of the US.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume via this form on the HR Shop’s website.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Global Greengrants Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. To successfully perform the job, individuals must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Title: Grant Writer
Position Status: Full-time, Exempt
Position Location: Remote, Flexible, Global
Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000