Company: British Council
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world.
We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share.
This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
About IELTS & Cambridge Language Examiners
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join our team of IELTS Speaking Examiners. You will conduct one to one interviews with IELTS candidates to assess their spoken English according to set requirements, and assess written scripts produced by candidates under exam conditions.
Eligibility: Existing right to live and work in Ghana
- We are keen to build excellence in language assessment through the recruitment of qualified and motivated professionals.
- Examiners are recruited on a casual basis and are expected to examine at least ten sessions a year at regular intervals
- IELTS examinations regularly take place at our locations in Ghana
- Training of successful candidates will be after shortlisting.
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree or a qualification which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate or Master’s degree.
- A recognised qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) or recognised equivalent as part of a recognised university award course.
- At least 3 years’ full time (or the equivalent part time) relevant TESOL teaching experience (minimum one year post-certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
- The required professional attributes and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in the post and feel that you are suitable for the role, then we would really like to hear from you. Please apply by 30 September 2022 at 23:59 Nigeria Time.
Company: British Council
IELTS & Cambridge Language Examiners-
Pay band: Hourly rate
Post Duration: Two Years Renewable Contract
Location: Ghana- Abidjan, Accra, Kumasi and Tamale
Deadline for application: 30 September 2022 (23:59 Nigeria Time)
If you have any technical problems, please email [email protected]