What we do
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide protection and humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and, at the same time, promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and their International Federation to ensure a concerted, rational, and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
Purpose of the position
They are in charge of developing the emailing activity at a global level. They also analyze potential audience size, supervise trends, and deliver weekly and monthly reports across all digital channels. The Post holder must also be familiar with web landing pages and newsletter subscribers acquisition campaigns. Located in Geneva Headquarters, they collaborate closely with Digital Marketing Officers in other ICRC delegations worldwide, providing guidelines and demos on promotional and reporting tools.
Reports to (role)
The post holder will work in the Communication Analytics unit and provide assistance to the IM & Digital Marketing Officer with a strong focus on web and email marketing.
Accountabilities & Functional responsibilities
Campaign and promotions (30%)
- Provide emailing campaign support in English, French, and German;
- Ensure audience identification, segmentation, and goals setting;
- Suggest standard methodologies to increase qualified traffic.
Reporting, monitoring, and trends (30%)
- Build and present monthly strategic reports and on-demand analytics report;
- Improve the reporting process, delivery, and follow up;
- Develop and maintain tracking systems on emailing and web monitoring tools with the help of external agencies.
Develop marketing activities (40%)
- Develop standard process guideline and demo to be published and presented;
- Share quick wins to increase engagement and leads generation;
- Coordinate the development of use cases to be shared at a global level.
Certifications / Education required
- French & German speaker. Knowledge of different variants of German is a plus;
- Strong skills in English as a working language. Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese skills are a plus;
- Digitally literate person (sophisticated usage of the web, email marketing, and social media platforms);
- Practical knowledge of email marketing. HubSpot or Dynamix is a plus;
- Possess knowledge of web analytics, email reports, and social media monitoring tools and;
- Good skills in reading and working with data for decision;
- A great sense of communication and sharing knowledge;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties.
Desired profile and skills
- Ability to engage in dialogue and listen to other people’s points of view;
- Ability to work in teams composed of people from different fields with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion;
- Creative, flexible, forward-looking, multifaceted, appreciative, solution-oriented, and innovative;
- Proficient and enthusiastic about digital marketing and a user of multiple platforms, either professionally or personally;
- Diligence and ability to meet deadlines. Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to complete tasks and responsibilities independently with limited or no supervision at all;
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work.
What we offer
- The experience of working in and being part of a forward-thinking team in an international humanitarian organization;
- The opportunity to learn practical know-how from digital marketing experts and to support the ICRC’s humanitarian work;
- Compensation + Benefits;
- The post is office-based in Geneva, Switzerland, and does not involve travel;
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment.
- Location: Geneva
- Type of contract: Traineeship
- Length of assignment: 12 months
- Relocation: Not provided for traineeships
- Visa/permit: legitimacy card provided
- Gross monthly salary: 3,840.00 CHF
- Estimated start date: 3/04/2023
- Application deadline: 22/01/2023
- Application documents required: diplomas, work certificates, scan color of passport – please upload it on your profile
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive working environment. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Job Title: Traineeship in Communication Analytics
Requisition ID: 20530
Region: Europe (HQ)
Contract type: Traineeship