We are recruiting a Design Engineer (Electronics) to design integrated electronics for new products, such as enhanced circuit breakers, energy meters, remote monitoring and IoT connected products. Some key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for innovation, design, simulations, specifying bill of materials, rapid prototyping, firmware integration and documentation of assemblies or systems for use in:
o Products for electrical protection and energy metering.
o Automated test equipment to support mass manufacturing processes.
• Liaise with internal and external role players (e.g. Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, Software Engineering, Project Management, Certification, Tool Design, Procurement, Suppliers, Sales, Export) to support innovation, design and manufacturing.
• Perform failure analysis investigations for quality improvements and implement corrective actions and design iterations.
• May be required to occasionally travel to customers, suppliers or other sites.
• Minimum BSc (Eng) / BEng degree in Electrical/Electronics
• 1-5 years design experience in:
o Mixed signal electronic design, PCB layout and prototyping
o Writing software / embedded firmware
• Relevant Master’s Degree or other additional qualifications
• Knowledge of IoT networking, system integration and other software
• Good communication skills
• Self-motivated, taking ownership of projects and working unsupervised or remotely
• Work independently and in a team as required
Job Overall Information
- Industry: Engineering
- Work Experience: 1-3 years
- Salary: R 50 000
- City: Johannesburg
- State/Province: Gauteng
- Country: South Africa
- Zip/Postal Code: 2000