The KYC Intern provides support to the centralized development of high-quality due diligence reports for clients and other third parties. The role offers business support in terms of due diligence reports for clients and third parties to ensure the reports are processed and produced in accordance with KPMG’s internal policies and relevant Anti-Money Laundering rules. The role will contribute to an enhanced risk mindset in the firm by implementing the firm’s KYC principles.
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Conduct research on existing and potential clients and gather KYC information and documentation
- Update client information in the Firm’s KYC repository tools
- Carry out the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) obligations: Understanding client’s identity and business activities
- Identifying the client, its beneficial owners, Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) if any etc
- Gathering information on the intended purpose and nature of the business relationship
- Provide input to the status reports of DD reports to the KYC specialist as required.
- Ensure data quality
- Keep abreast with current and updated procedures policies and practices
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of AML/CFT compliance requirements and industry best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You’ll help our teams succeed if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in law or Accounting.
- Professional accounting certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) is an added advantage.
- 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience. Experience gained in a law firm, professional services firm or the financial sector is desirable.
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering rules, know-your-customer process and regulatory framework in Nigeria is an added advantage/ preferable.
- Good research skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results oriented, proactive, detailed and able to meet tight deadlines.