|Offer ID||Metier||Region, department, area||Workplace location (Precisions/Keywords)||Employment type||Contract duration||Duration unit||Experience level required||Employer company||Branch|
|71479BR||General Business Law||South Africa||Cape Town||Internship||12||Months||Less than 3 years||TOTALGAZ SOUTHERN AFRICA (PTY) LTD||Marketing & Services|
- Review all contracts entered into by the company and advise of any errors, unauthorized additions or removals and any other discrepancies;
- Liaising with company law firms with regards to the above if and when necessary;
- Managing and submitting all claims against insurance and liaising with insurance provider on claims as well as advising on optimal process to substantiate claims;
- Advising on, negotiating and submitting payment plans and drafting Acknowledgment of debts.
- Drafting of all legal letters produced by the company;
- Evaluating of all legal correspondence received from external parties and drafting of replies thereto.
- Legal advisory function to all departments of the company on various matters including but not limited to competition matters and compliance with legislation (for example PAIA, POPI, OHS Act, CPA, NCA, Companies Act including the King Report) and ensuring management remains abreast with all new developments in legislation and current events affecting the business;
- Managing and submission of licensing requirements applicable to the petroleum industry including environmental, railway siding licences, operational licences, hazardous storage licences, business retail licences;
- Managing all company secretarial documentation, requirements in compliance with the Companies Act and King Report where applicable;
- Maintaining documentation and files for all legal actions;
- Assisting with the BBBEE Task Committee for the implementation of a The Revised Codes of Good Practice within the subsidiary.
- Management of all legal documents and correspondence.
- Maintaining a register of contracts and other legal documents
- Manage the tagging of mobile assets of the company.
- Due Diligences of suppliers/HR/Sales
Please note that validation of legal articles will not be possible in the position.
Context and environment
The duration of the contract is 12 months.
- LLB (Law) Or Other relevant degree or equivalent
- Written and oral communication skills
- People skills
- Quality driven
- Dedication to task and delivery
CLOSING DATE: 29 March 2023