Job Description of Environmental Graduate Engineer
The mission of Environmental Engineering and Facilities (EE&F) is:
- To define the environments (e.g. shock, vibration, temperature, humidity) that MBDA’s products will see in service
- To support other Functions and Projects in developing robust designs and efficient proving strategies
- To generate the evidence to demonstrate our products will meet our customer’s environmental requirements
What’s the opportunity?
Experience a wide variety of work! Including; hands-on mechanical and climatic testing, system proving and project management as well as environmental data gathering trials and analysis. With mentorship, you will be given responsibility for delivering tasks of real substance from the beginning of the programme.
You will operate in a challenging, encouraging and technically exciting working environment. In addition, you will work towards Chartership through MBDA’s accredited schemes with the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) or Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS). A Chartered mentor will aid you throughout this process.
Through the Programme you will:
- Be given immediate responsibility, becoming a key member of the team and delivering on real task packages from day one.
- Learn how a weapon system is developed from an environmental perspective, through risk reduction, design assessment and ultimately qualification testing for customer acceptance and in service use.
- Work on a range of projects at different stages of the product development cycle, as well as in service support.
- Have the opportunity to influence product design by defining environmental requirements in line with the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Gain hands on experience applying environmental and structural test requirements in our UKAS accredited laboratory.
- Learn how to measure, process and analyse a variety of environmental data from flight and firing trials, or from laboratory tests.
- Be involved with off-site environmental data gathering trials, if the opportunity arises.
- Collaborate with partners from across MBDA and the customer community.
- Be given formal training, alongside learning on the job, as part of your personal development.
Entry criteria, Salary and Benefits
- Degree qualified (minimum 2.2) in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Maths, Physics or related subject.
- A genuine interest in the environmental engineering field.
- An aptitude for both theoretical and practical work.
- A willing and helpful attitude, with a desire to constantly develop yourself.
- £30,000 starting salary plus £3,000 joining bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Access to range of employee discounts including Dining and Lifestyle discounts subsidised gym membership and more
Why choose us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow us on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers), Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK) and Glassdoor or visit our MBDA Careers website for more information.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
MBDA Careers: Environmental Graduate Engineer 2023