ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 250 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 43,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
The Mechanical Engineer Summer Intern program at Hobart is designed to give students the hands-on exposure to daily engineering operations, projects and research that impacts New Product Development, Manufacturing, Design. Hobart is looking for a self-directed, results-oriented and customer focused individual to work on component design, assembly, and engineering. This intern will present on their projects to the team at the end of the summer. This internship is a part of the ITW Enterprise Internship Program and applicants should have a strong desire to work for ITW post-graduation. This position is in Troy, Ohio.
- Begin to focus on specific mechanical engineering design processes
- Learn basic problem solving skills
- Begin understanding of standards, procedures and practices
- Learn basic plant and manufacturing processes
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and technical knowledge
- Classroom experience through the Sophomore year in an accredited Engineering University or Technical program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Proactive in recognizing improvement opportunities are necessary
- Prior Mechanical Engineering intern experience preferred
- Solid modeling and drafting skills, Solidworks preferred
- Interest in some of these areas: FEA, advanced mechanisms, motors, transmissions
- Basic understanding of Safety practices involving hand tools and machinery within typical Engineering laboratory environment
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.