The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) for the mining and minerals sector in terms of the Skills Development Act of 1998.
The first application window for Discretionary Grants allocations, for the period 01 April 2023 to 31 March 2024, will open on Monday 30 of January 2023 at 08H00.
The following is a demonstration video to guide you through the application process for the discretionary grants. Please watch it carefully before proceeding to the application forms as it contains important information:
Employers and other stakeholders in the sector are invited to submit their applications for the following projects:
Application Forms and MQA Funding and Allocation Policy
- DGA Form 1: Cluster 1 (for Candidacy, Internship, Work Experience and Vacation, Workplace Coaches, Management and Executive Development Programme)
- DGA Form 2: Cluster 2 (for Artisan Aides Grant Application, Artisan Development Grant Application, Artisan RPL Grant Application, Non-Artisan Development Grant Application, Non-Artisan Development (RPL) Grant Application, NCV (Level 4 Graduates) Grant Application, AET Application, FLC Application, Occupational Health and Safety Skills Programmes Grant Application)
- DGA Form 3: Cluster 3 (for Mine Community Development Project, Small Scale Mining Project)
- DGA Form 4: HET Lecture Support Application Form
- DGA Form 5: Small Business and Cooperative Support Application Form
- DGA Form 6: Learning Material Application Form (this application form should be completed with the below “Annexure B for Learning Material”; the information for this application form should be extracted from “Annexure B”)
- Annexure B for Learning Material
- DGA Form 7: Worker Integrated Training Intervention Application Form
- DGA Form 8: TVET and CET College Support Application Form
Completed application forms must be submitted via e-mail ONLY to [email protected].
Hand-delivered application forms including those sent to other e-mail addresses will not be accepted.
Call for Applications for MQA Discretionary Grants (2023-2024)
Completed application forms must be submitted before 00:00 on Tuesday 28 February 2023.
To apply email your details to [email protected]
Employers and stakeholders are welcome to contact Ms Khensani Khumalo on 011 547 2600 or at [email protected] if they experience any difficulties or challenges completing the application forms.