We’ve intentionally designed the Global Citizen Scholarship to be as broad as possible to match the broad, diverse experiences of international and DACA students. There’s no requirement to be an MPOWER borrower to apply!
The Global Citizen Scholarship (the “Scholarship”) is open only to students who meet the following requirements:
- The student is accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports, and
- Be an international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable.
- For study in the U.S., this means that the applicant is either a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder), protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, or has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S.
- For study in Canada, this means the applicant is either a Canadian permanent resident or has a valid Canadian study permit.
You do not need to be an MPOWER borrower or applicant to apply for the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship as long as you meet the eligibility criteria set forth above.
We have created this scholarship specifically for international and DACA students. Therefore, U.S. citizens wishing to study in the U.S. and Canadian citizens wishing to study in Canada are not eligible for this scholarship.
MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship 2023 For International Students in the U.S. & Canada
- Grand Prize: US$10,000
- Honorable Mentions (2): US$2,000
Deadline: July 15, 2023
Scholarships awarded annually to international and DACA students enrolled at schools MPOWER supports.