PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products including; Walkers, Doritos, Tropicana, Quaker, Naked Juice and many more. We have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love; through innovation and pioneering marketing of our products.
Globally, PepsiCo operates in more than 200 countries with an annual Net Revenue of over $66 billion. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. PepsiCo generated more than $64 billion in net revenue in 2018, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
PepsiCo’s is looking for talented and courageous individuals with collaborative and entrepreneurial approach who will join our supply chain team to make a real impact with our customers.
The Apprenticeship Programme is an exciting opportunity to shape your career and help you reach your full potential. We do this by offering exposure to a breadth of experiences including data analysis, root causing, customer forecasting, service reporting & driving collaboration with our Commercial contacts. Your responsibilities will evolve over the course of your apprenticeship.
The Supply Chain apprenticeship programme – August 2023 start date
- As is common practise with apprenticeships, you will spend 80% of your time gaining experience within roles across the supply chain functions and 20% studying with our partner university.
- This study time will primarily be online from home, with block release for in person lectures and workshops roughly once per quarter. All travel & accommodation is covered by PepsiCo.
- In your first year you will learn the principles of supply chain including finance, operations, planning, forecasting and demand management.
- Year 2 includes inventory, Logistics, technology and regulatory legislation
- Years 3 & 4 centre around the work based project, which is your opportunity to showcase your skills by taking ownership of a live project at PepsiCo.
- At the conclusion of the course you will have reached the required standard to receive a full Bachelors degree from a UK University in addition to membership of a professional body.
- Further information on the apprenticeship standard is available here: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/supply-chain-leadership-professional-degree/
Salary and Benefits
You will be given a starting salary of £21,000 and be eligible for annual pay increases in line with other employees. Promotions are available at certain junctures in the course and will be rewarded appropriately.
We believe hard work is important, but we also know a balance is essential. We therefore provide some fantastic flexible benefits alongside a great work life balance; from a competitive pension scheme to discounted cinema tickets… there’s something for everyone.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent people skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- Quick learner who is able to build relationships
- People who thrive on challenges with good organisational skills
- Motivation: A passion and drive to achieve results with bags of energy
- Tenacity: Focused on achieving personal and business goals.
- A flexible approach with the ability to work with a demanding agenda and prioritise tasks
- High personal standards and constantly looking for improvements and a better way forward
- A team player who can look at the whole picture and seek to positively influence it
- Ability to analyse data on the go and make decisions based on clearly defined rules
GCSE at grade 5/6 (B/C) and above in Maths and English
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
Supply Chain Apprentice
- Location: Reading, United Kingdom
- Department: Supply Chain
- Job ID: 145756
- Relocation information: No