Petroplan are pleased to be recruiting for a Contracts Manager for a major renewable energy client of ours based in Sandton, Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing contracts and subcontracts for major wind farm projects across Africa. You will have a sound knowledge of the legalities of contracts and help to negotiate terms and conditions with clients and third parties, before drawing up legal documents to outline terms of service and project deliverables.
Project execution contract management:
- Managing major subcontracts drafting, negotiation, internal approval and signing, including but not limited to designing contracts, civil contract, electrical contract, ED service contract, etc.
- Managing contract execution and prevent any major breach of contracts which leads to penalty or liquidated damages; manage execution of all subcontracts, monitor the fulfilment of subcontractors of contractual obligations.
- Managing payments and insurance related queries that the company is liable to.
- Identify commercial deviations, participate in bidding clarification, provide commercial solutions to win for bidding projects.
- Project preliminary budget preparation and update, project cash flow forecast, offer/quotation review.
- Assist in contract negotiation, risk control and organize the contract signing approval process. Contract file management in accordance with company regulations.
- Ensure the organization’s internal contract documents are accurate and well maintained
- Provide advice and guidance to the different teams relating to contract generation
- Solve any contract-related issues that may arise with external stakeholders and internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Contract management or equivalent qualification
- A Project Management qualification and registration will be an added advantage
- 5 years’ experience in commercial management
- At least 2 year’s commercial experiences in the renewable new energy sector and projects / wind power project / large equipment construction.
- Previous experience in Procurement and sourcing
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.
Contracts Manager – Wind Farm Projects
Job ID: BBBH42232
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng
Job Department: Commercial / Renewables
Employment Type: Contract
Start Date: January 2023
Long Term Contract