For over 175 years, P&G has built some of the world’s most successful brands, including Ariel®, Tide®, Pantene®, Pampers®, and Gillette®. We believe in serving the consumer and ensuring our organization, talent and brand building reflects the diversity and needs of the approximate 5 billion people around the world we serve through our brands.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This opportunity is to join Gillette’s Process and Engineering Department as a Mechanical Engineer. In this role you will design, deliver and validate market leading equipment to manufacture and package our razors for worldwide manufacturing sites to produce and improve billion-dollar products like Gillette Fusion and Venus.
- Mechanical Design of Automated Assembly Equipment and Automation using 3D CAD, Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Kinematic Analysis and Robotic Simulation.
- Combining strong technical skills with a logical problem-solving approach to deliver smart, creative, best-value solutions.
- Collaborating with product design on Design For Manufacture (DFM) and Design For Assembly (DFA) of future products.
- Driving P&G’s Ambition 2030 Sustainability goals: 50% less virgin plastic, 100% recyclable packaging, 30% less energy consumption within manufacturing sites.
- Ownership and management of projects: Defining the strategy and clearly communicating the status, schedule, and risks of your projects.
- Collaborating with global multi-functional project teams to ensure on-time delivery and within budget.
- Participating in risk assessments and the application of internal and external standards to deliver best in class safety, quality and performance.
What to Expect:
We offer 3 – 6 months internship placements with a potential start date between April and July 2023 at our Reading Innovation Centre.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities from a team that includes senior management and experience the impact you can have in our business early on.
- Technical focus – having the opportunity to put your technical skills to work on intellectually ambitious problems.
- Continuous development – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager, enabling you to grow in a diverse environment and develop your talents and ideas.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiative, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Team working – you will improve your team working and management skills through practical experience and interactive training courses.
- Benefits – we offer an attractive remuneration package on top of a great learning experience, and successful interns have the potential to receive a Job Offer after they graduate.
- Business Travel – opportunities to travel globally to successfully deliver project requirements.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in one of the following fields: Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Robotics Engineering or a related field with a passion for mechanical design.
- In the penultimate or final year of your degree.
If you are a good fit for this internship, you will have:
- Exceptional Leadership skills shown through academic and non-academic activities
- Desire to challenge the established way of doing things through continual improvement and innovation, delighting our consumers.
- Interest in investigating and implementing new technologies and processes to step change our products and equipment.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills to influence others to take action.
- Proven ability to collaborate in diverse teams.
GOOD TO KNOW:
We are consistently recognised as a leading graduate employer. For 2022 we were listed in Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers.
Please click on the following link to see more information: https://www.pg.co.uk/awards-and-recognition/
At P&G #weseeequal:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Even if you feel that you do not match the description 100%, we encourage you to still apply if you have a passion for this role. Our people come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please follow this link to find out more: https://faq.pgwebtools.com/#!/faqs/category/accommodation
P&G: GILLETTE MECHANICAL ENGINEER INTERNSHIP 2023
Application Deadline: January 29th, 2023– however roles are filled on an ongoing basis so apply early to avoid disappointment. We reserve the right to remove the role earlier than the deadline if it has been filled.
Job locations: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Job categories: Engineering
Req No: R000061694