About the job:
The successful candidate will coordinate, evaluate and recommend business strategies for optimal, continuous and smooth operation of the plant in order to increase profitability while also maintaining all tools, machinery, and equipment.
Main Key Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, and implement engineering strategies that will ensure modernization, automation, and expansion of existing facilities for all range of lubricant products of Northwest Petroleum.
- Draw up and implement a preventive maintenance schedule that ensures increased plant availability and reliability.
- Prepare a realistic annual maintenance budget for LBP based on experience and historical data.
- Ensure spare parts and technical accessories used in the plant are of very high standard and obtained at competitive prices.
- Provide and implement maintenance/repair services for all lubricant ancillary equipment which includes buildings, forklifts, compressors, generators, and other equipment acquired into the plant.
- Coordinating the activities of Contractors to ensure that contracted services are delivered promptly and at optimal value addition.
- Ensure that all facilities of the plant are in top conditions to satisfy the requirements of NMDPRA, FEPA and LASEPA.
- Liaise with equipment manufacturers on specification, design, new innovations, and current developments for better equipment management.
- Ensures safety and security in all warehouses through proper attention to maintenance issues in the warehouse and stores.
- Conduct regular studies on the manufacturing processes to ensure optimal performance and enhance capacity utilization.
- High degree of integrity, good business understanding and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent plant management and reporting skill.
- Knowledge of pipeline configuration and flow process.
- Ability to operate equipment.
- Knowledge of lubricant characteristics both in process and on the shelf.
- Equipment troubleshooting skills.
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in Plant/Equipment Management is essential.
Job title: Plant Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Onsite)
Company: Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited
Tuesday, 25th October 2022