TotalEnergies is seeking a Public Affairs Intern to help grow brand awareness and build meaningful stakeholder relationships.
Job Description for Public Affairs Internship- Spring 2023
Key Responsibilities :
- Assist in preparation for internal and external meetings, events, workshops, and conferences including drafting briefing documents and memos to ensure our teams are prepared for stakeholder calls and engagements.
- Craft PowerPoints and collateral to share details of the Attentive Energy team and project details with external stakeholders.
- Attend state/regional webinars, take notes, and provide summaries and key takeaways for the team’s review that can be used to shape future stakeholder engagement strategy and alert the team to new issues and ideas.
- Potentially join the External Affairs team on the ground for stakeholder engagement meetings and events.
- Track and manage stakeholder groups in a database.
- Keep a pulse on the market by tracking competitors and owning a competitor database.
- Draft press releases, blogs, social media and newsletter content, and marketing collateral.
- Current college senior, recent graduate and/or first year master’s student, in good standing with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Strong attention to detail that shows you care about your work.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving, analytical skills, and decision-making abilities.
- Strong desire to learn about the government/developer relationship and offshore wind industry.
- Comfortable asking clarifying questions.
- Ability to work independently, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and complete projects in a timely manner.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience or studies in relevant fields (Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Environmental or Social Studies, Sustainability, Political Science, etc.)
- Passion for sustainability and combatting climate change.
- Prior experience in community development or outreach, political and electoral campaigns, public policy development preferred.
- Experience researching, analyzing, and synthesizing information for internal review.
- Experience working with Microsoft SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as digital. marketing programs such as HubSpot and Canva.
- Experience using customer relations management software such as HubSpot.
- Available to work in New York Office From January 2023 to May 2023.
Attentive Energy, a subsidiary of TotalEnergies, is developing an offshore wind project guided by deep experience in the offshore sector and a forward-thinking commitment to put people first, on and off the coast. When completed, the project has with the potential to generate 3,000 megawatts of clean energy for nearly one million homes in New York and New Jersey.
Attentive Energy is seeking a Public Affairs Intern to help grow brand awareness and build meaningful stakeholder relationships. As an intern at Attentive Energy, you will work closely with the Community Engagement and Communications workstreams to quickly learn our department structure and become an essential member of the team.
We are looking for an excellent researcher and writer who is interested in learning at the intersection of community engagement and communications, and passionate about pro-actively addressing climate change with an eagerness to learn about the US offshore wind industry. The opportunity can be part-time/full-time, depending on the candidate’s school schedule and availability.
This is a paid-internship
Job Title: Public Affairs Internship Spring 2023
Offer ID: 62470BR
Metier: General Communication Resp
Employment type: Internship
Experience level required: Less than 3 years
Branch: Gas Renewables And Power
This is a paid-internship.