Rosebank College is a brand of the Independent Institute of Education (The IIE) which is one of the leading private higher education institutions in the country registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training. IIE Rosebank College delivers quality tertiary education to students across South Africa. Situated in bustling cities, IIE Rosebank College embraces the same vibrant environment which allows over 20 000 students to connect with the heart of the institution. Our exceptional growth is creating once in a life-time opportunity to suitable incumbents.
The role of the Lecturer is the delivery of training and education of students, student consultations, the establishment of a knowledge base of the discipline through academic research & development; whilst providing overall support to Academic department.
The ideal individual
We are looking for a passionate professional who is willing to learn and be developed by our brand in the following areas:
- The South African Further Education and Higher Education Environment and regulatory framework.
- Teaching and learning theory.
- Assessment methods and processes.
- Student, lecturer, course, and institutional evaluations.
- Outcome based education.
- Teaching and learning interventions.
- Holistic lecturer and student support services.
Rosebank College – JUNIOR LECTURER – ICT | Responsibilities:
- Implementing the end-to-end recruitment process
- Conducting and managing all recruitment requirements on campus
- Liaising with the Central Academic Team at the Independent Institute of Education to obtain academic approvals of candidates
- Facilitating the onboarding of the new hires
- Communication and relationship management with hiring managers
- Drafting of contracts
- Managing the functionality of Recruitment Systems
- Reporting on overall recruitment status on campus
- Minimum Honours/ Master’s Degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Science.
- NQF level 8 Postgraduate Diploma in education or equivalent is an added advantage
- Minimum 1 year of university tutoring IT/computer science related modules in any recognised academic institution (programming/ Information systems/ Networking/Databases).
- Minimum one (1) year industry experience is considered.
- The ability to understand the complex role of the academic environment.
- The ability to have a fluid movement between theory & practice.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
Please note the following when applying:
- Academic transcripts need to be submitted with applications
- Salaries are market related/negotiable with benefits
- We are an equal opportunities employer however preference will be given to EE and South African candidates
OVERALL JOB QUALITY:
Company/Organizations: Rosebank College
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Job Type: Permanent
Job Minimum experience: Associate
Company primary industry: Higher Education
Job functional area: Other
Closing Date 30 November 2022