Sappi invites Matriculants or current undergraduate students who are interested in the Sappi bursary scheme to apply in 2022 but is only to students/citizens in South African accredited universities nationwide.
Who may apply for the 2023 Sappi bursary scheme:
South African citizens studying or intending to study full time at South African accredited universities.
The bursary is for school leavers and current university students aged between 17 and 25 years.
Sappi bursary benefits for 2023 Applications
Sappi offers bursaries covering tuition, registration, books, residence and living allowances.
The total value of the bursary depends on the household income of the bursar.
Sappi bursary scheme to apply for the following study fields:
* Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Electrical Engineering
* Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Civil Engineering
* Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Mechatronics
* Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Mechanical Engineering
* Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Chemical Engineering
* Bachelor of Science – Forestry and Wood Sciences
* Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Industrial Engineering
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS CRITERIA
- Matric results: Mathematics 70% (no Maths Literacy), Physical Science 70%, English 60%.
- University results for current undergraduate students: Average of 70%.
Eligibility Supported Documents to be Attach
Please attach the following documentation:
- A copy of your matric certificate and any other academic qualifications you may have
- Proof of your registration or provisional registration at an academic institution
- A copy of your academic record to date
- A recent curriculum vitae (CV)
- A copy of your South African identity document
- Proof of income or an affidavit stating your total household income.
Sappi Equal opportunity employer statement:
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Sappi Selection Notification Statement:
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and asked to complete psychometric assessments. Please complete all fields on this application to the best of your ability before submitting as the information will guide our decision.
Important notice for all applicants:
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that preference will be given to applicants who live in areas adjacent to our main business operations.
How to Apply?
Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Application Deadline Date:
Closing Date: 30th September 2022
Bursary opportunity: 2023 Applications are now open!
Sappi bursary scheme 2023 Application is now available for Students in Universities | Overview
Title: Sappi bursary scheme 2023
Requisition ID: 43246
University: Engineering/Sciences – No Experience Required
Country: South Africa
FOR further information:
Contact us at:
Sappi Southern Africa, Head Office – Rosebank Johannesburg
Sappi Trading Head Office: 28/F, One Pacific Centre 414 Kwun Tong Road Kwun TongKowloon, Hong Kong
+852 2219 1001
Sappi North America – Dissolving Pulp
255 State Street
Boston, MA 02109
United States of America