We are currently recruiting a Chemical Engineer – Graduate. The positions are located at our Lake Charles Chemical Complex.
Purpose of Job
- Provide Process Engineering technical support to Operating Unit(s) to sustain and improve profitability.
- Provide Process Engineering technical input to the Project Group – developing Conceptual Design; Basic Engineering Package; etc. as part of the Project Development life-cycle.
- Develop and support execution of projects and assignments per company workflow processes, policies and procedures within schedule and cost budgets
- Perform Process Engineering calculations.
- Coordinate and organize work with other disciplines. Maintain good working relationships between disciplines
- Develop a working knowledge of Safety & Environmental Procedures and Policies that impact Operations & Project Development & Execution
- Develop a good understanding of the operation of the assigned unit
- Troubleshoot and solve unit operating problems
- Support the development of Operating Procedures, review and validate training material
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- Previous work experience in industrial, offshore, petrochemical, chemical, or utility industries may be of benefit but is not required
Required Personal and Professional Skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
Sasol is a global integrated chemicals and energy company with a 70-year heritage. Through our talented people, we use our expertise and selected technologies to safely and sustainably source, manufacture and market chemical and energy products globally.
When you join Team Sasol, you are joining a company that puts people at the center of everything we do. Sasol invests in its employees along every stage of the career path and offers development opportunities to help you cultivate your career in a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion.
Sasol is committed to promoting better, healthier lives for you and your family. Below is an overview of our benefits and compensation programs:
• Medical, including prescription drug benefits, Dental, and Vision (start day one of employment with no waiting period)
• Retirement Pension Plan
• Savings and Investment plan (401k) with eligible company match
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Disability benefits
• Other special programs, i.e., EAP (employee assistance program), wellness, pet benefits, caregiver support benefit, Aflac, Legal Guard, and many others
• Comprehensive compensation program
Sasol (USA) Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance.
Sasol treats work-authorized job applicants equally in recruiting and hiring without regard to their citizenship status or national origin unless required by law, regulation, executive order, government contract, or determination by the Attorney General. Please note Sasol will not sponsor, obtain, and/or petition for temporary visa status (for example, E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN) for candidates for this position and/or personnel hired for this position.
About our recruitment process
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from third-party recruitment agencies, therefore we will not pay a fee for resumes submitted.
At Sasol, we value people. When we speak about people, we do not exclusively refer to our 31 270 employees in the 32 countries in which we operate. But the tens of thousands of contractors and suppliers who work with us daily. We also refer to the communities in which we operate and the customers we serve.
We are guided by our common goal, in all we do – to make Sasol a great company that delivers long-term value to its shareholders and employees; a company that has a positive association for all stakeholders.
In striving to be an employer of choice, Sasol ensures that our recruitment and selection process is fair and impartial. We welcome to our teams skilled, exceptional and motivated people who are passionate about our business.
Please note – Sasol uses SAP Success Factors for recruitment purposes. Your application will be redirected to the Sasol Success Factors portal. If you have previously registered with us, please review and re-capture your personal data as requested by the prompts.
Position Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA