SPIE Nigeria Limited is currently looking for an Electrical Foreman to join its work force in Nigeria.
As an international subsidiary of the SPIE group specializing in the energy sector, SPIE Oil & Gas Services has been working at the heart of energy production infrastructures for several decades, designing, installing, starting up and maintaining them, while ensuring the best possible conditions in terms of safety, costs, lead times and quality.
With around 3,100 employees of 70 different nationalities working in about 30 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East, SPIE Oil & Gas Services offers its customers from the oil, gas and renewable energy industries sustainable solutions in the following areas: well delivery & management, projects, engineering & construction, assessment & competency development, commissioning & start-up, operations, maintenance & asset integrity.
With around 45,500 employees and a strong local presence, SPIE achieved in 2020 consolidated revenues of €6.6 billion and consolidated EBITA of €339 million.
- Monitor equipment conditions using all indications available in the control room, on site, and portable test equipment.
- Diagnose equipment problems, report abnormal conditions to Electrical Supervisor, and prepare detailed work requests for plant defects.
- Organize and perform on site, the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility.
- Assist the preparation/planning team by giving any technical support for preparation of the jobs in his/her discipline.
- Manage intervention and prepare the technical reports related to the field.
- Reading blueprints and technical diagrams to determine the placement of outlets and fixtures.
- Maintenance of electrical systems in a power generating facility.
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctioning equipment, appliances, and apparatus.
- Responsible for the quantity and availability of specific tools of his team.
- Take charge of the systems/equipment under his/her responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation status.
- Identify recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyze them, and suggest improvements.
- Read, interpret, and implement technical information found in manufacturer’s and OEM technical manuals, electrical and mechanical P & IDs, and operating and maintenance procedures.
- Prepare, maintain, and administer procedures and reports related to the operation, monitoring and maintenance of the plant; maintain accurate logs of daily operation, check sheets, change charts and ink recorders.
Identify any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts.
- Ensures HSE policy fulfillment during his activities.
- Establishes and maintains a strong safety culture in line with Company HSE Requirements and Rules.
- Is responsible to ensures compliance with HSE Legislation, Company Standards and Procedures under his area of responsibility to ensure employees safety, legislative compliance, and responsible environment attitude.
- Ensures compliance with Operating Procedures & Guidelines with the asset to ensure Process Safety, Operational Safety and Plan Integrity.
Contributes to achieve and improve HSE targets.
- Performs the updating of technical documentation.
- Gives his contribution in Hazard Analysis, incident investigations, Root Cause Failure Analysis, process incidents advising his hierarchy about HSE issues and proposing corrective solutions.
- Provides Electrical support for assigned assets related power generation.
- Installs, inspects, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs electrical equipment such as, but not limited to, motor control centers, generators, transformers, switches, relays, wiring, electrical signal and communication systems, variable frequency drive (VFD), power distribution center (PDCs), uninterrupted power source (UPS).
- Organizes on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility.
- Minimum of 6 years working experience in the power generation industry.
- Rotation 4×4
Minimum level of experience required
6 years or more
English (D-Full professional proficiency)
Electrical Foreman M/F
SPIE Oil & Gas Services is committed to promote diversity. All positions are opened to people with disabilities.