About the TETFAIR
TETFAIR is a year-long programme, sponsored by TETFUND.
A unique opportunity for researchers and academics in Nigerian Universities to transform their ideas into market-driven solutions, Including the development and fabrication of prototypes.
TETFund Alliance for Innovative Research
Selected teams of researchers and academic staff, who have ideas for innovative solutions in one of our areas of focus, will be taken through a journey that combines Technology and product development along with venture creation.
The 12 month journey runs both in person and online and includes:
- Practical training, tailored mentorship, integration of tools for entrepreneurial and creative thinking and behavior, business model development, alongside product and technology development methodologies, advanced design methods, and familiarity with the world of patents and economic aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Access to the INNOV8 HUB in Abuja – an ultramodern fabrication and innovation center designated for the development of prototypes with the support of professional experts.
- An all-expense paid training in Abuja which will cover flights, accommodation, feeding and daily stipends.
- Opportunity to showcase the innovations to relevant potential design partners/ strategic partners/ investors (local and foreign)
- The journey is designed and facilitated in collaboration with international experts from the acclaimed Zell entrepreneurship program. The technology development journey will include hands-on support from experts in collaboration with Makelab.
Areas of FOCUS:
*Agriculture and Food Technology
*Environment, Energy & Circular Economy
*Health & Accessibility
*Information Communication Technology
*Transportation, Aviation & Shipping
*Streamlining / Improving Production Process
Who should apply?
- You should be a team of between 2 to 4 researchers/academic staff, from a Nigerian university (TETFund enlisted beneficiary Institution). Your idea should be one of our areas of focus. Your vice chancellor’s office would need to approve your nomination by signing an endorsement form.
- Your team should include multidisciplinary complementary skills that can potentially take the idea (with our help and mentorship) from an idea, through the development and fabrication of the prototype to a market-driven product.
- A member who has an idea for an innovative solution and has relevant knowledge and skills.
- A member who has additional complementary relevant skills (technical/scientific/mechanical/medical/engineering, depends on your area of focus).
- A member with financial/business/entrepreneurial skills or orientation.
- Your innovation should be at the idea stage or early stages of development.
- Ideally, your invention should include a hardware/physical element (Not only digital elements)
October 4th – October 31st:- Call for Application:
- The Process of Application is (open till October 31st 2022)
October 24th – November 15th:- Selection/Interview:
- Selection of Applicants,
- Interviews of shortlisted candidates
December 5th-December 13th:- Boot Camp
- Opening Boot Camp: 10 days at Innov8 hub, Abuja
- Venture Creation Journey: Workshop, familiarization with innov8 hub
- Technology development journey: Intro to High level design.
December 22 – April 23:- Venture Creation
- Venture Creation Journey (Problem definition, Market validation and research, Customer discovery, Ideation, Value proposition)
- Product development journey: High-level design (Converge)
April 22nd – August 23rd:- Venture Creation
- Venture Creation Journey (Business models, financials, business development, pitching and presenting
- Technology Development Journey: Development of prototype/MVP’s depending on the progress and stage (Online and Convergence)
August 2023 – October 2023:- Preparing for the Showcase
- Intellectual Property Protection: Effective Communication: Writing, Design and Presentation. Testing POCs/Prototypes and documenting. Business Development
October 2023:- Final Showcase Event
Intellectual Property Protection: An exhibition of POCs/Prototypes/MVPs presented to potential strategic partners for further development/pilots or investment. (Converge)
FOR MORE DETAILS:- Click here.
Innov8 Hub – www.innov8hub.ng/tetfair/
Contact us @:
Innov8 Hub, Airport Road, Abuja.
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone No: +234 906 520 0034
Innov8Learn: +234 906 770 9799