Sales Summer 2023 Internship – Req #: JREQ161967
Primary Location: Ann Arbor, MI, US
Are you looking to gain valuable experience during your sales internship in a high-energy, fast-paced environment that is both competitive and fun?
Does working for a global company that is consistently recognized as a ‘Top Employer to Work For’ across a broad range of categories, such as Work-Life Balance, Diversity & Inclusion, Opportunities for Women, Culture, Volunteerism interest you?
If Yes, then you should consider applying for a Summer 2023 Sales Internship with Thomson Reuters!
Details about the Summer 2023 Sales Intern Program:
- Dates/Schedule: The internship is 11 weeks (Monday – Friday), exact dates are still to be determined but it would likely be in the May 15th, 2023, to late July 28th, 2023, time frame.
- This is a Paid, Full-time (40 hours per week) Internship.
- Location: The Internship will be based at our corporate office in the renowned, high-tech, and culturally diverse area of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
As a member of the professional sales intern team within our Tax & Accounting Professionals segment, you will set sales meetings for company events to our database of customers, while working in a motivating, results-orientated, collegial atmosphere.
A Sales Internship at Thomson Reuters can also lead to a full-time job offer!
About the Role
In this opportunity as a Sales Intern, you will:
Receive extensive on-boarding and sales training; as well as participate in department-wide sales meetings, and professional development opportunities. Additionally, as an intern, you will contact and qualify sales leads for the department.
- Set sales meetings for Thomson Reuters Events and Services
- Lead Generation/Prospecting on whitespace and existing accounts
- Meet or exceed assigned quota of a minimum of 50 contacts per day while consistently maintaining sales databases with all call and profile activity
- Develop key sales skills, techniques, and product knowledge
- Earn the opportunity to sell Thomson Reuters Events and Services
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, receive continuous product instruction and sales process training
- Learn and understand how Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting products and services are used in the accounting profession to assess the applicability of the programs to our prospects
- Achieve a strong competency in all Tax & Accounting databases, tools, and processes
- Complete client profile data with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) through telephone contact with client-base
You’re a fit for the role of Sales Intern if you have/are:
- Pursuing a college degree with a major or concentration in Professional Sales, Business, Communication, or related field
- Previous sales internship or participating in a student sales organization is preferred
- Business acumen, intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills (oral, listening and written)
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain positive working relationships
- High proficiency with MS Office, and overall technical skills/aptitude, ability to learn new technology quickly
- A positive attitude, receptive to feedback and constructive criticism
- Motivated to succeed and develop (personally and professionally)
- Collaborative, Team-oriented
- Dedicated, hard-working, and driven to do the right thing
Learn about #WorkingAtTR and check out our culture!
Check out our awards & recognition!
Req #: JREQ161967
Locations: Ann Arbor-MI-US
Job Function: Graduates/Interns