The B2B team seeks to appoint a Key Accounts Specialist
You will be responsible for the following activities:
General Trade strategy:
- Identify new business opportunities
- Implement developed marketing strategies and new business models in the sales areas
- Develop new markets and business opportunities in the General Trade
General Trade sales:
- You will prepare, present and ensure execution of the sales budgets
- Ensure pricing, rebates and services are effectively managed especially form a cost recovery perspective
- Ensure all costing associated with customers is accounted for and that under recoveries (e.g. transport, product returns, Lube Management System costs, maintenance costs, etc) are collected
- Manage the level of Gross Margin after Variable Cost by customer and ensure that agreed customer service levels are met
- Ensure customers payment conditions are properly managed
- Interpret variance analysis, prepare and present business reviews for the channel of trade
- Ensure proper information on products is provided to customers
- Ensure all appropriate tenders and business opportunities are responded to in
- Ensure the overall profitability of the various segments as well as excellent customer service
Customer to Cash:
- Undergo mandatory training to negotiate terms with customer and are aware of the process to open customer accounts
- You will apply set KPI’s in set area
- Adhere to all the policies and procedure for setting up customer accounts and dealing with overdue payments etc
- Ensure constant adherence and compliance to company HSEQ and security standards, local by-laws, standards and legislation
- You will complete admin tasks weekly: i.e. Weekly reports, Itinerary, Salsa Call Reports to be done
- New Prospects to be recorded on a weekly basis.
- Ensure the annual employee review process includes a review of employee career plan and development plan
- Understand and comply with Procurement policy and procedures, and that non-compliance to procurement procedures will be addressed .
- Ensure all trade customers have a valid contract in place.
- Ability to establish and keep a sound relationship with customers and prospective customers alike.
- Understanding of the sales process from ascertaining what the customer needs are.
- You will be required to analyze sales data.
- Experience with retail customers will be advantageous.
Context and environment
Context and Environment
- Tension in to achieving an effective balance between marketing benefits and profitability for both Customers and Total South Africa.
- Identify financially viable solutions for each customer to ensure long-term sustainable and profitable business in a highly contested market where customers have the freedom of choice
- Other internal or external constraints which make this job challenging are an uncertain regulatory environment (transforming from heavy regulation towards easing of regulation in some areas and tightening in others) skills shortages, BBBEE transformation imperatives, etc
- Accountable for enhancing the performance and improving the presence of TotalEnergies in the General channels of trade by providing sound financial and operational solutions tailored to the needs of customers so as to ensure sustainable increase in the market share and optimal profitability for TMSA
Knowledge and experience required
- Business Degree or Diploma and / or 3 years’ experience gained in petrochemical marketing or comparable business environment,
- Knowledge and understanding of business and legal fundamentals
- Knowledge and application of people interpersonal skills
- Applied sales management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of B2B Sales environment advantageous
- Knowledge and application of TMSA’s Code of Conduct / Ethics.
- Knowledge and application of TMSA policies and procedures.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- English is the working language
Offer ID: 63789BR
Metier: Sales general responsibilities, Sales, Admin Sales Support/ Trading, Trading Front Office, Marketing
Region, department, area: South Africa
Employment type: Regular position
Experience level required: Less than 3 years
Employer company: TotalEnergies Marketing South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Branch: Marketing & Services
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.