The U.S. Department of State, through Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently welcoming applications for the Electronic Diversity Visa Program. The State Department Web site for the 2024 Diversity Visa Program (DV-2024) is now open.
The entry submission period for DV-2024 is from 12:00PM EDT (GMT -4) on October 5, 2022 to 12:00PM EST (GMT -5) on November 8, 2022. The entry form will only be available for submission during this period and this period only. Entries will NOT be accepted through the U.S. Postal Service.
Diversity Visa 2023 Applicants: All DV-2023 diversity visa program applicants must be found eligible for, and obtain, their visa or adjust status by the end of fiscal year 2023 (September 30, 2023).
U.S. Department of State Electronic Diversity Visa Program
Please read the DV-2024 Entry Instructions carefully. Entrants may be disqualified for not completing the entry form correctly or by submitting more than one entry.
DV-2024 Program: The online registration period for the DV-2024 Program begins on Wednesday, October 5, 2022, at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4) and concludes on Tuesday, November 8, 2022, at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5). Submission of more than one entry for a person will disqualify all entries for that person.
Eligibility Criteria – Electronic Diversity Visa Program
To be eligible for U.S. Department of State Electronic Diversity Visa Program Application.
Applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- The English version of the DV-2024 Program Instructions in PDF format is the only official version. Unofficial translations in additional languages will be added to this webpage as they become available.
- Note: As indicated in the instructions, for the purposes of eligibility some countries include components and dependent areas overseas. If you are a native of a dependency or overseas territory, please select the appropriate country of eligibility. For example, natives of Macau S.A.R should select Portugal, and natives of Martinique should select France.
- If you are not a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United States, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Is your spouse a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United States? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s
- Country of birth – provided that you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States at the same time.
- Are you a native of a country that does not have historically low rates of immigration to the United States, but in which neither of your parents was born or legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2024 program.
Interested applicants seeking for U.S. Department of State Electronic Diversity Visa Program should submit application online.
Follow through these steps:
- Step 1: Submit an Entry
- Step 2: Selection of Applicants
- Step 3: If You Are Selected
- Step 4: Confirm Your Qualifications
- Step 5: Submit Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application
- Step 6: Submit Supporting Documents
- Step 7: Interview
- Step 8: Prepare for the interview
- Step 9: Applicants interview
Electronic Diversity Visa Programme 2023 Overview
Program Sponsor(s): U.S. Department of State
Host Institution(s): Bureau of Consular Affairs, USA
Program Type: Diversity Visa Program
Nationality: All Nationalities
For more information about Diversity visas:
- Go to: travel.state.gov
- Click U.S. Visas
- Click Immigrate
- Click Diversity Visa Program – Entry