The Fall 2023 TechWomen application is NOW OPEN FOR ENTRIES
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION
The Fall 2023 TechWomen application opens November 2022 and closes 09:00AM PST (GMT-08:00), Friday, January 13, 2023. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application (non-select or semi-finalist) no later than April 30, 2023. Semi-finalists will be contacted for an in-country interview no later than April 2023. Final decisions will be made no later than May 31, 2023. All applicants will be notified of the results of their application.
TechWomen participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements below. Applications are reviewed by independent selection committees composed of industry leaders and regional experts. Semifinalists may be interviewed by United States Embassy personnel in their country of permanent residence.
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. Please note that internships and other unpaid work experience does not count toward the two-year professional experience requirement.
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four-year university degree or equivalent.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program.
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa.
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States (other than the Diversity Immigrant Visa, also known as the “visa lottery”) in the past five years.
- Not hold U.S. citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Demonstrate themselves as emerging leaders in their chosen professional track through their work experience, volunteer experience, community activities and education.
- Are committed to return to their home countries to share what they have learned and mentor women and girls.
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Have a proven record of voluntary or public service in their communities.
- Have a demonstrated track record of entrepreneurialism and commitment to innovation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity.
TechWomen encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
TechWomen identifies emerging women leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) from 21 program countries in Africa, Central and South Asia, and the Middle East. For more information about U.S. Embassies in TechWomen program countries, please visit the links below.
- Palestinian Territories
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
The Fall 2023 TechWomen application closes 09:00AM PST (GMT-08:00), Friday, January 13, 2023. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application (non-select or semi-finalist) no later than April 30, 2023. Semi-finalists will be contacted for an in-country interview no later than April 2023. Final decisions will be made no later than May 31, 2023. All applicants will be notified of the results of their application.
U.S. Fall 2023 TechWomen program – Important Dates for Participants
November 2022: Fall 2023 program application opens
January 13, 2023: Fall 2023 program application closes
April 2023: Semifinalists are contacted
May 2023: Final selection decisions are made
September 2023 – October 2023: U.S. Fall 2023 TechWomen program
How To Apply for the U.S. Fall 2023 TechWomen program
The Fall 2023 TechWomen application will open in November 2022. For more information and to be notified of updates, please see the application page. The deadline to apply will be January 13, 2023.