One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate.
We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team as Antenna Engineer – Intern.
- As an Antenna & Microwave Engineer Intern, will work in the development of advanced ground and space antenna systems to advance the art of satellite and terrestrial communications.
- You will produce concepts and perform design, analysis, modeling, and testing of various types of antenna components and antenna systems.
- You will also have significant involvement with antenna components, waveguide arrays, waveguide structures, reflector antennas and feeds.
- You will take designs from the conceptual drawing board into the implementation of building and testing the finished product.
- If you have the flexibility to perform in a dynamic work environment and have a strong personal ownership of your work you will do well in this role.
*Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field
*Course work in electromagnetics with focus on Antennas/RF design
*Previous coursework in Antenna Theory or Electromagnetics
*Strong written and verbal communication skills
*Ability to commit to a 10-12 week summer internship
Viasat Careers: Antenna Engineer – Internship | Preferences
*Currently pursuing a Master’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field
*Cooperative or intern experience in a relevant industry job, or research work with the Electrical *Engineering department at a college or university
*Exposure and some experience using 3D full wave electromagnetic simulation tools such as HFSS and/or CST
*Some experience with GRASP for reflector analysis
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Viasat Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Viasat is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
If you would like to request an accommodation on the basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please click here.
Additional Requirements and Information
Job title: Viasat Careers: Antenna Engineer – Internship
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
Years of Experience: 0-2 years
Citizenship: US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status required
Worker Classification: Internship
Location: US – GA – Duluth
You can apply to up to seven positions per month. Should you find more than seven positions you would like to submit to, please reach to us at [email protected].