Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced employees to fill the above vacancy in the Vehicle Engineering department based in Pretoria.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Plan, organise and control a group of vehicles on endurance
- Manage the daily operations of the test site.
- Accurately identify, analyse and report on problems encountered during testing
- Prepare and analyse measured test data for test vehicles
- Compile detailed vehicle test reports and results
- Ensure special test requirements are met to ensure release milestones
- Liaise with local and overseas engineers on vehicle tests and development
Education and Experience
- Minimum National Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 year’s relevant experience in the automotive industry.
Skills, Attributes & Other requirements
- Have extensive knowledge of internal combustion, EV and Hybrid vehicles including their drive trains.
- Be able to investigate and evaluate the total vehicle and its operation in entirety whilst testing under extreme time pressures.
- Testing and measuring of SW datasets in all vehicles and have an expert understanding of the operating software (Uploading, downloading and update management).
- Expert knowledge of Technical Engineering concepts and design, physics, electronics and measurement.
- Be able to able to speak, read and write English and Afrikaans and German.
- Have excellent computing skills and be competent in MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS projects).
- Have excellent of knowledge of diagnostic systems used to manage all SW , problems and repair instructions.( KPM, VDS, Teramess, ODIS, DiagRA, iDEX, CP-Tool, MTS Radar , MATLAB, Vector CANape)
- Possess an unendorsed Code 08 driver’s license, with at least 8 years’ experience of driving high speed vehicles. (Hybrid, EV and LHD vehicles included)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation, both locally and to external customers.
- Be able to co-ordinate, guide, support a team of engineers and test drivers yet demonstrate the ability to operate independently and apply your own initiative accordingly.
- Be willing to be flexible regarding working times as well as prepared to work in remote locations whilst on test.
- To reside near the Gerotek test site, in order to be on site within an hour should specific tests to high priority vehicles need attention.
- Exhibit a solution-oriented approach, with the necessary resolve and ability to operate effectively under pressure to meet set deadlines.
- Prepare test site budgets, co-ordinate local spending, determine capex needs for equipment purchases and ensure OHSEE standards at all times.
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally.
ENDURANCE ENGINEER (PRETORIA)
Location – Country
Location – Province
Location – Town / City
Volkswagen Group South Africa
Established in 1946, Volkswagen Group South Africa is a wholly owned subsidiary of Volkswagen Aktiengessellschaft (VWAG) in Germany. It is the largest German investment in South Africa and is a major contributor to foreign direct investment, technology transfer and skills development. Volkswagen Group South Africa is located in Uitenhage, an industrial town some 35 km from Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape.
Volkswagen Group South Africa is committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally, this includes persons with disabilities.
For more Information: Please visit – Volkswagen Group South Africa: ENDURANCE ENGINEER (PRETORIA)