About the job
We appreciate your patience while we consider your application. We will accommodate your school schedule when determining the start date and duration. This internship will run from May/Jun 2023 to Jul/Aug 2023, for a consecutive 10-12 weeks.
Our Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future, and our Technical, Engineering, and Support teams bring ideas to life. The teams use creative approaches to reduce operational costs and to extend traditional practices to meet our goal of making our data centers the most energy efficient and environmentally sustainable in the world.
The Hardware Operations team is the team in the Data Center responsible for monitoring, maintaining and deploying the physical infrastructure behind Google’s powerful search technology. Operations Engineers deploy and maintain Google’s advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure. Their duties range from the physical deployment of data center-related technology to working closely with the various stakeholders. This team offers a great introduction to the wider engineering world at Google.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Contribute to repairs, upgrades, decoms, deployments, cabling, etc.
- Identify trends for machine failure, report bugs, and work with remote teams to resolve them.
- Contribute to projects in deployment, maintenance, and provide support of data center infrastructure.
- Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS related challenges on our servers, and resolve critical or escalated technical challenges over a significant population of affected equipment.
- Work in a physically demanding setting.
Internship Application Minimum qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree or Higher Education diploma in
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Information Systems,
- Information Technology,
- Information Engineering, or
- similar technical area of study.
- Experience with installing a Network or Linux system.
- Authorization to work in Singapore.
Internship Application – Preferred qualifications:
- Experience or a practical understanding of Linux and Networking, including installation, systems administration, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and experience with hardware architecture, maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of networking, including topology and protocol concepts.
- Ability to learn new technical skills and domains.
- Ability to work as a team member, and to collaborate with others to help resolve challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Application End Date:
Please complete your application before 28th September 2022. Application details: Click the “SUBMIT APPLICATION NOW” button to submit your resume (a cover letter is not required). Please submit your resume in English and include your grade level, expected graduation date (month and year), and availability for the internship.
Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google’s sponsorship of a visa.
Job Title: Data Center Technician Intern, 2023
Location: In-office: Singapore
Working Authorization: Authorization to work in Singapore.
Additional information sources:
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To learn more about COVID vaccination requirements for US Google workplaces, read our Vaccination Entry Policy.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.