WTS Energy is seeking to hire Electrical Technicians for one of its clients, a reputed Power Plant Company.
Electrical Technician (Power Plant) – Responsibilities
Carry out troubleshooting, routine and non-routine electrical equipment maintenance and assist in overhauls of Generators, High /low voltage circuit breakers, High/low voltage motors, transformers, plant batteries, protection relays, chargers, and inverters, DC distribution system, lighting, cathodic protection, MOV’s, Motor Control Centres (MCC’s), Variable Speed Drive, firefighting system, and emergency diesel generators.o
· 3 years Electrical Diploma with two to three years of industrial experience (OR) Electrical Technical Certificate with five to six years of industrial experience
· Power & Water plant Industrial experience is preferred.
· Shall be able to perform day-to-day Electrical Maintenance jobs as per prescribed procedures and protocols.
· Able to read and interpret the drawings, P&IDs, single-line diagrams, wiring schematics, sectional views, isometrics, etc.
· Must have basic knowledge of Power & Water Plant Electrical Equipment.
· Must possess hands-on Experience in Power & Water Plant jobs.
· Hands-on experience in handling electrical tools/components.
· Must have knowledge of Electrical safety.
· Good knowledge about General safety in industries.
· Basic knowledge of computers, preferably in MS Office.
· Good English communication skills- (Reading, writing, and speaking)
· Should be a team player.
· Exposed Electrical hazards that could potentially produce electrical shock, burns, fire, etc.,
· Exposed Mechanical hazards.
· Occasionally required to work at height
· Occasionally required to work in confined spaces
· Occasionally required to work in CNG/LNG gas stations.
· Occasionally exposed to chemical hazards (e.g. Fuel gas)
· Able to work on a rotating or day shift and may be on call.
Job Title: Electrical Technician (Power Plant)
Region: Middle East
Country: United Arab Emirates